C4 Forums | Control4

Wireless Outdoor speaker system

I'm looking to set up a wireless outdoor speaker system by the pool. 

Preferably something along the planter speakers way or I was thinking of the BOSE 51 landscape speakers. 

What are some setups you guys use that are compatible with the C4. 

Any suggestions are appreciated. 

1 hour ago, mstafford388 said:

I've never seen landscape style wireless speakers.  the issue is you'd still have to get power to them, so if you're going to run a wire to them anyway why not just make it a speaker wire.

Thank you. I am open to ideas so this is a very good point. I'm really just looking for a setup that is compatible with the C4. I'm looking at the Sonance Sonarray system, any thoughts?

The Sonance is a really good system, and very affordable compared to other systems. It's not 70v, so make sure the wire runs don't exceed Sonance recommendations. The new Triad system is awesome and it's a 70v system, but more expensive than the Sonance.

+1 for Sonarray. Great system!

Note it can (should?) be powered by a stereo amp. I have connected mine to one of my 12 channel amps I use for the rest of the house behind a Control4 matrix. Works great. 

Definitively a great option for efficient outdoor sound coverage. 

As eddy said, make sure you look at gauge requirements based on distance. You can find them online I believe. If I remember correctly, I ended up using 12 gauge for a roughly 350ft run. Maybe more. Works fine. 

IMO, Sonnarray sucks.  Have you guys ever done a side by side?  Leaves a lot to be desired and can't nearly get as loud as a traditional landscape system.

you will certainly have much better performance using 70v landscape speakers, 8 ohm subs (whether hardscape or burial) and a Crown amp of your choice.

Archived