C4 Forums | Control4

Problems with music

Helping a friend,  a system with a 250 as director and 2 200 and 1 300.  Every couple of days he has to reboot the director because it stops playing streamed music.  running 2.9 and the music from napster or Pandora.  After a day playing fine when you select to play music it seems to hang up and to make it work you have to reboot for it to start playing again.  What could be happening??? 

I have the same issue with Pandora on 2.9 of freezing up and have to reboot the controller to get it to work again.   Also, I  have the issue of slow response when starting it up.  Typically, it takes 8-10 seconds for the music to start playing after the command is given.  Is this a 2.9 issue as well?  Will updating to 2.9.1 fix the both of these issues?

I have to disagree on every level.  Have perfectly installed systems with all C4 equipment and the performance is truly sub par.  Plug my phone into it or use a streamer like Sonos and it's all good.  Native services are really a waste of time and money.  I have 2 of my last installs with these odd issues and the sound is crap including my own house.  Have to add a speakerpoint or whatever to solve this or that it's not good.  It shouldn't be an issue  with $1500 controllers it should just work.  Been using it in my home for a year now with a matrix amp coming from a whole house sonos system and it was so much better.  I sold all my stuff off and want it back.  No comparison.  

2.9.1 addressed a few audio issues, including legacy audio.  More than likely your friend has audio bound from either the HC-300 or HC-200, forcing the system to play legacy audio.  As @msgreenf said, 2.9.1 should address the issue you're experiencing.  You can also PM me with the account information, and I should be able to work with your dealer and help get you from 2.9.0 to 2.9.1

• 5 months later...
On 7/4/2017 at 6:58 PM, South Africa C4 user said:

I had issues with Digital Music on 2.9.1 and rolled back to 2.9.0 (all great since the roll back).  Other than this, I've never had issues with music on C4. I'm looking forward to 2.10.0 and hoping it will fix my problem as I don't want to roll back again!

I have EA-5 on 2.10.0 Pandora is very slow, and initialization time may turn itself off, isn't the EA-5 music server is build-in, it should not depend on any network traffic...all it need is to send audio out to audio matrix, don't understand why box don't  build solid solutions for such some basic things ?

Archived