C4 Forums | Control4

OVRC Account for end user?

Dave w

I thought I had read that OVRC accounts were available for end users to manage their own networks.  I bought a used AN300RT and several APs for my personal use from a forum member and now I am trying to figure out why I can't signup.  I thought I'd be able to.  But I get this screen:

https://app.ovrc.com/#/signup

That says only dealers can open new accounts. ??  Did they change this recently?

SnapAV products are on a dealer-only model. That's just the way it is. You're best bet is to use a consumer-grade or consumer-available line. From what I know, ubiquiti seems to fit that mold, although I know very little about the product other than the fact that it is fairly technical to use and there is no support Other than user forums

27 minutes ago, Home Theater Advisors said:

SnapAV products are on a dealer-only model. That's just the way it is. 

I get they are dealer only for distribution... that's their business model choice, for better or worse.  My point was that allowing end user full  local access to configure routers and APs, but denying them remote access for anything but reset macros makes no sense at all, especially since they stopped charging for OVCR accounts.

Ubiquiti it is.....I've been really happy with their switches so far.   

Archived