C4 Forums | Control4

Programming with Advanced Lighting Scenes

2 minutes ago, LollerAgent said:

Sorry for resurrecting such an old thread.

I have a keypad where I bind a scene to each button.  When I press and hold any of the buttons that are bound to a scene, based on your description, should I expect the lights in that scene to dim?  This isn't happening for me.  Instead, the lights that are attached to the load of this keypad (which are outside of this scene) come on, and then all other lights in the room come on to 100%.  I'm honestly not sure what is happening here.  It would be nice if I could somehow use the same button that activated the scene to dim the scene as well.

Ok, first, “the other lights in the room come on” are they on the scene you want to dim?

second, it sounds like the scene you are activating does not have a toggle scene created. To create one, go to agents. Then advanced lighting scenes. Then select the scene you are activating with the binding to a button. Then, along the top you will see a drop down menu for a toggle scene.

clock the button that says, “ create toggle scene”.  

Hope this helps. 

23 hours ago, VINCELdUB said:

Ok, first, “the other lights in the room come on” are they on the scene you want to dim?

second, it sounds like the scene you are activating does not have a toggle scene created. To create one, go to agents. Then advanced lighting scenes. Then select the scene you are activating with the binding to a button. Then, along the top you will see a drop down menu for a toggle scene.

clock the button that says, “ create toggle scene”.  

Hope this helps. 

Here is one scene that is bound to a keypad button:

image.thumb.png.6428c10bc39458d32f0f0a650332f9b0.png

This scene also has an associated "toggle" scene:

image.thumb.png.e0659eb08cfe3ffedf8b966e55464a4f.png

When I hold down the this keypad, according to this post, should I expect "Under Cabinets 1" and "Under Cabinets 2" to start dimming?

When I hold the button down, instead, the light load connected directly to this keypad (Island Cans) comes on, as do the "Dining Chandalier, "Island Pendants" and "Kitchen Cans" loads.  They slowly ramp up to 100%.  Now, the LED on the keypad button associated with the "Relax" scenes turns off as well.

I don't really know what exactly is happening when I hold the button, but it's not what I expected based on the info in this thread.

These are Lutron RA2 Select loads if that makes any difference (except for the "Island Cans" load which is connected directly to the keypad).

21 hours ago, LollerAgent said:

When I hold the button down, instead, the light load connected directly to this keypad (Island Cans) comes on, as do the "Dining Chandalier, "Island Pendants" and "Kitchen Cans" loads.  They slowly ramp up to 100%.  Now, the LED on the keypad button associated with the "Relax" scenes turns off as well.

So, is the C4 keypad a 6 button keypad dimmer or a standard APD/FPD 120?

Either way, is it possible that you’ve still got the local load connected to the keypad button, as well as the scene you want to control?

I think you’ll want to have the keypad buttons function as a true keypad and not control the local load  

On 8/3/2019 at 11:04 AM, Dr. Venkman said:

So, is the C4 keypad a 6 button keypad dimmer or a standard APD/FPD 120?

Either way, is it possible that you’ve still got the local load connected to the keypad button, as well as the scene you want to control?

I think you’ll want to have the keypad buttons function as a true keypad and not control the local load  

This is a KD120 (6 button keypad dimmer).

Here is a screenshot of the keypad config properties:

image.png.8049b660ccba81b9e365debc2afb582b.png

Not seeing anything connected directly to the local load of the dimmer.  

• 8 months later...

Sorry to resurrect, but I found the graphics in this useful. In the chain, it demonstrated being able to have several actions: light % increasing after a period of time. I can see Add Action, but it wont let me create an action. see attached.  I have V2 lighting. 

Second related question. I created a default, so I could toggle between active and inactive. Prior to that, there option to deactivate was greyed out; I have that option now.  Previously, I could use a voice command to turn on the scene and it would be active; however, I couldnt turn it off. After creating the default, a second scene titled x(toggle) has now being created. Which one do I invoke in programming to turn the scene on and off?  

To top all of this off, I have the same challenge with media scenes. There I dont even know when they're on let alone track them and turn them on (I didnt create them, my dealer did)

Advanced lighting.jpg

Advanced lighting II.jpg

I am using advanced lighting in combination with motion detectors. With a brief presence in the room the motion signal is active for 30 seconds, the lighting scene activates with the first action for all loads, however the lighting scene does not deactivate if my second action starts with a delay that is longer than these 30 seconds which results in the lights staying ON. I would have expected that when the scene is deactivated it will terminate its controls and turn the lights OFF. If I program just one action for each load and without a delay it seems to work fine. It looks as if a deactivate command only deactivates the loads that are active and not the ones that are in delay. Also wondering if there is a way to set loads to 0% when the lighting scene is deactivated. Any support on this would be great.

If you are using the 'deactivate scene' programming option, this will invoke the toggle scene - but only if the scene is active.
The scene will no longer be active if any of the lights within the scene have been changed.
I personally stay away from using 'deactivate' scene - I prefer to 'activate' the toggle scene.

My programming looks like this for my motion sensors:

image.png.9dd3c57a700aab8d4c629accce926a68.png

If you are using the 'deactivate scene' programming option, this will invoke the toggle scene - but only if the scene is active.
The scene will no longer be active if any of the lights within the scene have been changed.
I personally stay away from using 'deactivate' scene - I prefer to 'activate' the toggle scene.

Thanks. Helpful to know. I’ll adjust my programming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, brucecampbell said:

Many thanks for your guidance, I will change my programming.

I just tried this but with the same result. It seems impossible to stop sequential actions from firing if they were planned to start after the toggle command was received. So just to explain the sequence of things:

I have two actions, first with 0 sec delay, second with 1 minute delay.

1. Motion sensor active, action 1 fires, and leaving room immediately

2. +30sec later the motions ensor deactivates, toggle scene is activated and action 1 deactivates

3. +30sec later the scene activates again by itself for action 2, and lights never switch off because motion sensor was not activated and will therefore not deactivate the scene again

Another issue I am seeing if with regards to the rate and level. If I put a rate of 5 minutes and level of 70% then my lights are switched at 70% straight away instead of ramping up to that level in 5 minutes.

Not sure if I am missing something here but having tried so many different things it almost  looks to me that there are several bugs in this advanced lighting agent.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.