C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain - Yeelight Wifi RGBW LED Driver for Control4

alanchow

3 hours ago, zaphod said:

There are Yeelight LED strips as pictured below.  Does anyone know what the connector is like?  I would be interested in using the controller with a generic light strip that you can buy for about $10/5m strip.  But I can't find any good photos to see if this just uses a standard 4 pin connector like the generic strips.

smart-light.jpg?resize=525,334

Its one solid piece.  You can't disconnect it and run an alternative strip.

On 29/11/2017 at 2:14 AM, Shivam Paw said:

Have you had a chance to fix this yet?

We are waiting for a few additions to be implemented before releasing the new version.

Note that this does not effect functionality at all and is purely visual.

3 hours ago, rolldog said:

I just bought a couple of the Yeelight RGB LED strips, I've set them up, connected them to my network, but the option to enable Developer Mode isn't listed in the app. Any suggestions? 

You need to use the Yeelight app not the Xiaomi app.

I am using the Yeelight app. After doing a little research, I discovered that LAN Control needs to be enabled. I'm not sure if the app for Android is different than for an iPhone, but after enabling LAN control, I could control the lights via the Control4 interface. The weird thing is, I had one LED strip. After setting it up to work on the Control4 interface, I opened up the other LED strip I bought and plugged it in. After going through the initial setup in the Yeelight app, it updated the firmware, but in Composer HE, it lists 2 of the Yeelight RGB LED strips, but they both have the same IP address, which can't be correct, and they're in different rooms. Should I set a static IP for this 2nd LED strip? 

8 minutes ago, rolldog said:

I am using the Yeelight app. After doing a little research, I discovered that LAN Control needs to be enabled. I'm not sure if the app for Android is different than for an iPhone, but after enabling LAN control, I could control the lights via the Control4 interface. The weird thing is, I had one LED strip. After setting it up to work on the Control4 interface, I opened up the other LED strip I bought and plugged it in. After going through the initial setup in the Yeelight app, it updated the firmware, but in Composer HE, it lists 2 of the Yeelight RGB LED strips, but they both have the same IP address, which can't be correct, and they're in different rooms. Should I set a static IP for this 2nd LED strip? 

Our driver doesn't automatically add drivers in.  You must have accidently added two in.

Hi Alan, will this be compatible with C4 motion sensor? Ie if motion is detected it will switch on automatically and if motion is not detected for a set amount of time it will turn off.
thanks,
K.
You could program that. Yes. You would use the yeelight driver. Motion driver for motion sensor and the free security light driver

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

You could program that. Yes. You would use the yeelight driver. Motion driver for motion sensor and the free security light driver

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Thanks. :)

What’s the difference between these bulbs vs philips hue? Reliability? Quality?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got the trial license to try out my new cabinet lights. Problem now is I have 20 sliders in the lighting for my kitchen (4 separate strips).

Is there an easy way to make this into a lighting scene so I only see one brightness dimmer to control all 4 strips in the navigator? Also, probably hide the color sliders and change from the yeelight app instead to keep the nav cleaner

Once I have the scene I’ll want to add it to my keypad too.
Right now it’s unusable with all these extras I don’t need.

2 hours ago, koxkp said:

I just got the trial license to try out my new cabinet lights. Problem now is I have 20 sliders in the lighting for my kitchen (4 separate strips).

Is there an easy way to make this into a lighting scene so I only see one brightness dimmer to control all 4 strips in the navigator? Also, probably hide the color sliders and change from the yeelight app instead to keep the nav cleaner

Once I have the scene I’ll want to add it to my keypad too.
Right now it’s unusable with all these extras I don’t need.

You can hide the colour sliders from navs by going to the room in HE and the navigator tab in properties. 

Then you can create your lighting scenes as you normally would. 

5 hours ago, koxkp said:

Thanks. This will be the first lighting scene I create. I guess I have to learn eventually.

The easiest way to program up keypads and Yeelights is to utilise the RGB wheel in the programming actions.  This will give you precise control over the colors.

The easiest way to program up keypads and Yeelights is to utilise the RGB wheel in the programming actions.  This will give you precise control over the colors.

How do I do this? My dealer and I have both never used this driver to figure it out.

10 minutes ago, koxkp said:

How do I do this? My dealer and I have both never used this driver to figure it out.

Its in the PDF installation guide.  See section on Advanced Programming for examples on how to set RGB value or start color flow.

Also if your dealer doesn't know how to do general programming actions i'd be concerned.

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.