C4 Forums | Control4

annex⁴ - FREE MyQ Garage Door Web Driver

annex⁴

We have just released a FREE driver for the MyQ Brand of Garage door openers from Liftmaster and Chamberlain.  This will allow T3 Touchscreens to open the MyQ interface and manage devices as well as open and close the garage doors.

This does NOT allow any event based programming, the only supported method for doing that would be via Wink.  This being a link to the MyQ webpage is not subject to any API changes.

https://annex4.link/drivers/myq-webinterface

Enjoy, many more FREE things coming and some new fully integrated items too.

annex⁴ Team

worked with masterlift. App works good. chamberlain stuff works well. I tried ( I'm happy just ones) Houselogix driver. Client called me every few month, it stoped working. whatever reasons (excuses up to me) new API, new software, new driver, bad wifi, wrong weather....

took off everything , connected zigbee relays, all good. No MyQ integrations anymore (unless it is in my home and I don't mind to refresh, reset, redo it every few month)

just in case, does anybody have good and working stable for a while  MyQ with Houselogix driver?

27 minutes ago, vitali said:

does anybody have good and working stable for a while  MyQ with Houselogix driver

Several, though we've moved to just using relays some time ago, only interruption I've seen is on the two occasions (over about 4 years) that there was a big API change. The biggest thing with the driver was the polling interval - if too high, MyQ would shut the account down.

1 hour ago, vitali said:

just in case, does anybody have good and working stable for a while  MyQ with Houselogix driver?

It's been working very well. The auto update driver (maybe soon to be obsolete?)  ensured the myq driver would update to most recent (with api changes).  Like @Cyknight said about the api, the myq driver has broken from time to time and it would break all third party integration (unless partnered with myq).  It can't be relied on for status because polling may not relay status right away (driver won't allow adjustment that is too frequent anyways).

1 hour ago, Christopher Spitler said:

hey @annex⁴, does this work with gates as well, and not just garage doors? that was an issue with the EDS driver, it didnt recognize non-garge door type openers :) thx in advance

this is literally the myq web page.. so it will control the gates as well as the doors

23 hours ago, Christopher Spitler said:

hey @annex⁴, does this work with gates as well, and not just garage doors? that was an issue with the EDS driver, it didnt recognize non-garge door type openers :) thx in advance

It should work with everything MyQ as it is just the MyQ website.  Give it a try it's FREE!!!

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 10:08 AM, cdepaola said:

The wink integration, which I believe is official, has been working well. The driver however is not cheap and if all you need it for is MyQ then it may not be a good fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have spoken to a few people that head up the MyQ integration and any partnerships.  They are not interested at this time in any partnerships, through the discussions the only integration they support would be through Wink.  As Wink is a partner and Wink has an API this would be the only official way to get MyQ integration.  Our free driver just allows the MyQ webpage so it gives you Control but only from a T3 touchscreen.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/18/2017 at 9:12 PM, vitali said:

First implemented to a clients house over a year ago. The API change that came from MyQ completely rendered the driver useless. HL released an update very quickly though and all was well. (This was completely understandable as when anything IP controlled completely changes the way it is controlled, a driver that was already written obviously has no way of simply upgrading the way it communicates) That was slightly irritating, but was fortunate enough to have a very understanding client that realized I and anyone else in the c4 world had no way of knowing this was going to happen and even if so, no way of preventing the loss of comm.

The Houselogix driver really is a good one tested through and through. My parents recently got a MyQ opener (without consulting me first... lol), so now I am just looking for something cheap (which houselogix is NOT) and/or free to play with whilst using them as the guinea pigs.

TL;DR - Houselogix MyQ driver = 4.5/5 [Simple, easy setup and reliable (on C4's end)]

• 10 months later...

I think a lot of you should read up on WEBVIEW Features the T3 Series introduced. As All these drivers coming out saying WEBVIEW are literally just predefined browser portals with ZERO integration into control4 Event systems.

Read up on the release notes of 2.9.0.

I thought this was pretty clear already from what was mentioned in the very first post of this thread and on our site.

On 8/16/2017 at 2:15 PM, annex⁴ said:

This does NOT allow any event based programming, the only supported method for doing that would be via Wink.  This being a link to the MyQ webpage is not subject to any API changes.

Are you getting requests on the driver for programming events and installs? If so I can try to make it more clear.

Don't stress it I come from the position of a person who writes drivers including the webview driver

I see a lot of dealers in general get wildly confused with the capacity of webview apps

It's probably because webview is a brand new entity that is limited to the touch screens of the T3 series only

A good chunk of dealer is out there will download a driver expecting full control across all platforms because that's what they typically see or have seen over the years

Don't misunderstand I'm not calling dealers fools I'm just saying they get confused a lot with this new Webdriver which hasn't been out for very long

Just imagine if the navigator on the EA series could do full-screen webview with opengl capacity and JavaScript navigation

Just imagine the awesome apps we could make

I thought there was a current issue in regards to the driver or information as the thread had been silent for over 9 months. We did have a few people confused about webview stuff early on but I haven't heard anything in a long time. Might be worth while posting a PSA about webview if you've seen a good chunk of dealers not understanding it.

Opengl/webgl would be nice to have although I can't imagine too many applications from a Control4/Driver perspective. I feel like most things could be done in the 2d context. I also don't know how well the T3 would handle webgl if it was supported.

Can still do some cool things with 2D:

image.png.25d2b51339a60855489db51912eda757.png

• 2 months later...

Archived