C4 Forums | Control4

Local Network - Unable to connect to director

Set up a local network with an EA-1. Can not connect to director. I can connect with system manager. I have tried using DHCP and static. I'm able to ping the controller and use putty to connect to the controller. I have swapped routers. I have even tried setting static on my laptop and the controller and just using a switch. I have set up several controllers on local networks with no internet access, but this one has got me stumped. Tech support was no help. They just said it was a network issue and swap the router, but that didn't work. any ideas what may be going on? I've never had this problem before.

Its a new project. Factory reset no help. I have figured out that I can connect the controller (DHCP) and my laptop (DHCP) to a router with internet connectivity, then move the connections back to the router with no internet connectivity, let them pull new IPs from the stand alone router and i can connect to director. But a reboot of the router or controller causes the problem to return.

Try dealer forums.  There's still a lot that can be attempted.  No offence, but you're not going to find a lot of help setting up/trouble shooting controllers in this forum.  If Tech support can't help, then RMA it or have another conversation with the seller.  

Thanks, I'll try the dealer forum.  Already tried to do the same thing on another controller. Never had this problem until now. I have several locations running on local networks or were running on local networks until the customer was able to get their internet installed.

Thanks again

22 hours ago, gabrown said:

Its a new project. Factory reset no help. I have figured out that I can connect the controller (DHCP) and my laptop (DHCP) to a router with internet connectivity, then move the connections back to the router with no internet connectivity, let them pull new IPs from the stand alone router and i can connect to director. But a reboot of the router or controller causes the problem to return.

what kind of router do you use?

Archived