C4 Forums | Control4

New user doesn't want 4sight

Yile

I was lead to believe that I could access my control4 system anywhere in the world by the sales person.  They didn't mention it would cost $120/year.  So I am looking for a way to access my system without the engineered exclusion while being remote (Hey control4 whats up with that?).   How does one setup port forwarding and static ip to get to the control 4 panel?

Thanks

Y-

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Yile said:

without the engineered exclusion while being remote (Hey control4 whats up with that?)

It's not an engineered exclusion, it's an engineered remote solution (that works well across all sorts of network setups I should add) that you can CHOOSE to pay for.

Sales person neglected to mention the cost to a solution that you wanted.

id say you did yourself a disservice by not researching aspects of the system.

either way, $10 a month to remotely access your $$$$$ automation system is peanuts.

plus you can get email/push notifications sent to you for programmed actions of the system.

welcome aboard. 

It's $100/year. less than a prime or Netflix subscription. 

With new customers getting a system that's more than just audio or remote control system I usually throw a year in or it's included in service contract. Also offer incentive for people to buy multiple years at a time so I don't have to deal with it running out. 

10 minutes ago, C4junkie said:

My 4Sight just stopped working a few days back. "Unable to connect" "Error encountered while trying to connect (500)". What does error 500 mean? And how do I resolve this? Thanks 

There was scheduled maintenance which affected 4sight. Should be resolved by now.

Man some of you guys are so angry. C4 had to moved services over. 4sight was down for a short amount of time. Dealers were all notified of the maintenance window. C4 isnt going to alert every single customer who has a system. 

$100 a year for automatic secure access to your home is nothing. Its cheaper than pretty much any service you already pay for and this one ensures your home can only be accessed remotely in a safe manner. 

Port forwarding is very very very very very very very very STUPID!!! If you port forward you deserve anything bad that happens to your system. 

Pay the money and simply touch the C4 icon on your phone and watch it connect to your home

Dont pay the money and setup a vpn then open the vpn app or setting on the phone, connect to it, then load the c4 app and wait and use it. 

One method is super quick and easy the other at least keeps the security but the experience is not great. ,

Kevin why would you not notify customers of scheduled maintenance?  You have no idea if a customer might be relying on the service and would have the opportunity to plan accordingly if properly notified.  Just like the other threads, C4 customers are often treated like with insignificance instead of the primary driver of the company.  

18 minutes ago, Kevin L said:

Dont pay the money and setup a vpn then open the vpn app or setting on the phone, connect to it, then load the c4 app and wait and use it

I almost fell asleep before finishing these steps.  Way too many hoops.

42 minutes ago, C4junkie said:

Cool.. be great to have specific 4sight service feedback.. That's really only what I care about to be honest for monitoring and controlling the house... So if Access Anywhere is down does this mean 4Sight is down? Confused. Thanks. 

It does mean that what you are referring to as 4sight (I.e. Accessing your home from outside of your local network) will be down.

Cool.. be great to have specific 4sight service feedback.. That's really only what I care about to be honest for monitoring and controlling the house... So if Access Anywhere is down does this mean 4Sight is down? Confused. Thanks. 
Access anywhere can down but email could still he up for example

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Archived