• Last Reply
44 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Based on other posts, leaks and an educated guess:

1. CA controller

2. Google Home control

3. When >> then

4. Improvements to Alexa control

5. Bug fixes

6. Hopefully lots more (see all the great wish list posts)

A lot of this is wrong.

On 8/25/2017 at 1:40 PM, thegreatheed said:

A lot of this is wrong.

Care to elaborate? Specifically, I'm having a new C4 system installed this week (they're at the new house working on it as I type). Am I going to be disappointed that it was installed a week before a huge announcement? 

If there is a major software change, has C4 historically updated people for free who just recently installed? 

Care to elaborate? Specifically, I'm having a new C4 system installed this week (they're at the new house working on it as I type). Am I going to be disappointed that it was installed a week before a huge announcement? 
If there is a major software change, has C4 historically updated people for free who just recently installed? 
You get the update for free but a dealer must install

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, slevittmd said:

The current hardware range is pretty new so you are unlikely to be disappointed on the hardware side and as MS says, software updates are free (just requires a dealer to install but can be done remotely and pretty quickly)...

2 minutes ago, slevittmd said:

What does that mean?

Actually 3 stands.

manufacturers contract us to develop drivers for them for their CEDIA new release products.

so you'll see some cool stuff that can be controlled by Control4 coming.

12 minutes ago, Home Theater Advisors said:

@alanchow care to share where you're drivers will be featured? Would love to check them out!

We are working on a mailblast with the manufacturers which will go out on Friday.  If you're on our mailing list you'll see it.

will also provide a copy in this thread.

Hey guys,

As promised here is a copy of the mailblast with the 4 manufactrurers / booths you can see the cool drivers we have written.

http://mailchi.mp/chowmainsoft/chowmain-drivers-for-control4-at-cedia-expo

If you guys have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.  I'll be around for a few more days before i disappear for the madness that is CEDIA Expo.

Archived