C4 Forums | Control4

CEDIA 2017

pbels

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/31/2017 at 7:54 PM, alanchow said:

Hey guys,

As promised here is a copy of the mailblast with the 4 manufactrurers / booths you can see the cool drivers we have written.

http://mailchi.mp/chowmainsoft/chowmain-drivers-for-control4-at-cedia-expo

If you guys have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.  I'll be around for a few more days before i disappear for the madness that is CEDIA Expo.

@alanchow That Morpheus product you are making a driver for looks kind of interesting, but what advantages does that have to just using a NAS/connected drive with your Plex full driver? The Morpheus website is somewhat enigmatic and mostly appears to be a glorified NAS with a "polished" Plex interface built in from what I can see. I don't see any built in media store/service like Kaleidescape.  

1 hour ago, rea said:

@alanchow That Morpheus product you are making a driver for looks kind of interesting, but what advantages does that have to just using a NAS/connected drive with your Plex full driver? The Morpheus website is somewhat enigmatic and mostly appears to be a glorified NAS with a "polished" Plex interface built in from what I can see. I don't see any built in media store/service like Kaleidescape.  

Morpheus is a customized all in one Plex solution which is a server, player and ripper.  They have a new product they are releasing next week which works well with our driver.  Press release next week.

17 minutes ago, wappinghigh said:

YAWNNNNNN! 

Here is an idea....

Why not just tell us! 

Because:

1) I don't know the answer

2) Would not be allowed to if I did

3) Control4 doesn't, ever, pre-announce ANYTHING because they can't as a public company do so short of an actual public announcement

4) CEDIA would be the place to HAVE that announcement

5) I have no reason to begin to want to do any such thing

Pick any or all of them and run with it. :D

On 9/2/2017 at 6:57 PM, Cyknight said:

Because:

1) I don't know the answer

2) Would not be allowed to if I did

3) Control4 doesn't, ever, pre-announce ANYTHING because they can't as a public company do so short of an actual public announcement

4) CEDIA would be the place to HAVE that announcement

5) I have no reason to begin to want to do any such thing

Pick any or all of them and run with it. :D

@Cyknight you at CEDIA expo this year? If so reach out to me

Archived