C4 Forums | Control4

Samsung Frame TV - IP Driver

I'm using the new Samsung UN65LS003 (Frame TV) and have set up the IP driver from the Control4 website.  On the Samsung remote there is just one power button.  If you press it it turns the tv on or press it again and it turns it to the picture frame mode.  If you hold it down it can turn the tv completely off.  The IP driver only seems to have the on and full off functionality.  I haven't been able to figure out how to make it revert to the "art" mode when I execute a "room off" command.  Has anyone found a fix or work around for this?

Art Mode functionality was not implemented in the initial released version of the driver (which was for all 50ish models in Samsung's 2017 line, not just the Frame TVs).

Work for Art Mode is done, and the drivers are in testing.

Once they've finished testing them, they'll be released to Control4's online database.

The Art Mode support will include a new 'mini-app', which would need to be installed, called 'Art Mode', which allows you to start Art Mode from Control4 Navigators or programming, by selecting it as a source (like the Netflix, YouTube, etc. mini-apps).

The LS003 drivers will have a new property, called 'On Power Off', which can be set to 'Power Off', or 'Art Mode'.  When set to 'Power Off', it works as it currently does, when the driver gets a Room Off, it will power off.

When 'On Power Off' is set to 'Art Mode' and a Room Off is issued, the TV will switch to Art Mode.  If Room Off is issued while the TV is in Art Mode, it will power off the TV.

I apologize that this didn't make it into the initial driver release, but it should be released in the next couple of weeks.

RyanE

• 2 months later...

@RyanE

I received my new SAMSUNG "The Frame" TV in Austria (Europa) and can not connect to the perfect Control 4 Driver:-(

Is there any workaround (US Firmware....etc) to get this done?

I can not see the "-> Expert Settings -> Set 'IP Remote' to 'Enable'

Is there a RS-232 Protocol for the The Frame?

best regards

Roland

www.rolandkoller.com

IMG_5953.JPG

[mention=122228]RyanE[/mention]
I received my new SAMSUNG "The Frame" TV in Austria (Europa) and can not connect to the perfect Control 4 Driver:-(
Is there any workaround (US Firmware....etc) to get this done?
I can not see the "-> Expert Settings -> Set 'IP Remote' to 'Enable'
Is there a RS-232 Protocol for the The Frame?

best regards
Roland
www.rolandkoller.com
IMG_5953.JPG.1fe7f5be95123247e28c1325b1c4faa7.JPG
Did you try a firmware update on the TV first?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Hi!

I have talked to SAMSUNG Europe and Service Departements and the IP control works only for TVs in the US.
For Europe, only the new 2018 models will support IP control.
There is no workaround for IP either.

You can only use the Control4 (RS-232) Driver. Everything works fine with the Q9 and FRAME.

Maybe C4 add ART Mode ON / ART Mode OFF / AmazonPrime / Netflix / YouTube as a RS-232 Command.

Roland

• 2 months later...

I have a 2018 "The Frame" 55incher, or at least I assume I do - it's 2018 and I just bought it.

The IP driver does not appear to work, or if it does I cannot find out where to enable IP control in the TV.

I tried just issuing the pair command a bunch of times but no result. Anyone have any info, is there any chance of doing this or do I need to stick an IR bud to the otherwise super sleek TV. Wouldn't bother me personally but the customer might not be thrilled!

timbooo, where are you located?

The instructions for installing the driver (and enabling IP control) are in the driver's documentation tab.

If you've updated the firmware of the TV to the latest version, and do not have the IP Control enable options, it can't be controlled via IP.

Sorry.

RyanE

• 1 month later...
On 8/25/2017 at 11:03 AM, RyanE said:

The LS003 drivers will have a new property, called 'On Power Off', which can be set to 'Power Off', or 'Art Mode'.  When set to 'Power Off', it works as it currently does, when the driver gets a Room Off, it will power off.

When 'On Power Off' is set to 'Art Mode' and a Room Off is issued, the TV will switch to Art Mode.  If Room Off is issued while the TV is in Art Mode, it will power off the TV.

I am using the LS003 driver but I do not see the power option in the properties tab

MattH

Edit: reinstalled new online driver and it has the power options. Thanks

Edited by MattH

• 1 month later...

If I want to power the TV completely off so that motion doesn't not turn it on, do I just send Power Off?  My dealer told me to issue two Power Off commands but sometimes it comes back on.

When I turn it back on programmatically I want it to go right into Art mode but quite often it goes to TV mode (we have it connected to Tivo) and its on the Tivo screen saver.

• 2 months later...

I am currently integrating a Samsung Q9FN and a LS003 Frame TV.

I am using the current up to date 2018 drivers for each and am using the universal mini drivers for art mode, Netflix, amazon, youtube etc.

I noticed that the Samsung branded drivers do not work any more - they won't connect to the Samsung app switcher in the connections section of Composer.

The video streaming services are launched as sources under the watch navigator without issue.

However, Art Mode is not working, whether you select it as a source on the watch navigator or whether you set the TV driver setting "On Power Off" to go to Art Mode.

What is the status of this Ryan?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 minutes ago, dolcephil said:

Just following up on my last post - it appears that the universal mini drivers do not support control - i.e. they do not map/connect to the TV drivers commands for navigation (i.e. left, right, up, down, transport commands, etc).

Are you sure the mini drivers are 'connected' (in Composer parlance) to the TV driver?

edit: sorry in previous post you say they do load the apps, so I guess they must be.

On 6/3/2018 at 3:27 AM, JGLI said:

If I want to power the TV completely off so that motion doesn't not turn it on, do I just send Power Off?  My dealer told me to issue two Power Off commands but sometimes it comes back on.

When I turn it back on programmatically I want it to go right into Art mode but quite often it goes to TV mode (we have it connected to Tivo) and its on the Tivo screen saver.

'Totally off' is a hold down of the power key on the original remote (which is of course the power toggle code). I did this by creating a new driver, taking an IR code for "power toggle" from a Samsung TV IR driver and setting it to repeat count 40, and saving that as the 'totally off' command. I then just bound that to one of the custom buttons on the remote.

It seems C4 hasn't got a function for holding down a button, other than volume keys, unless I just don't know of it (which is super possible).

That is correct - the mini drivers are bound under connections to the Samsung App Switcher.

When I look at the documentation for the mini drivers it refers to a passthrough mode which passes control over to the connected device - i.e. in my case the TV.

However, there is no action/drop down in the mini driver currently to configure this.

2 minutes ago, dolcephil said:

That is correct - the mini drivers are bound under connections to the Samsung App Switcher.

When I look at the documentation for the mini drivers it refers to a passthrough mode which passes control over to the connected device - i.e. in my case the TV.

However, there is no action/drop down in the mini driver currently to configure this.

I imagine you've tried removing the TV and mini drivers and doing it again...

I notice on the Amazon Fire mini drivers, if you choose "netflix" or "iplayer" or whatever, the source on the remote shows up as "Fire TV" i.e. the source switches to the actual device and passes commands etc. Does your remote show the TV as the source, or the mini driver? Just trying to suggest avenues of further investigation!

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, dfh said:

@RyanEIs there a driver coming for the 2019 Frame TV (the LS03R)? Ideally the European one (UE55LS03R). At this point no IP driver seems to work for this TV.  Thanks

Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to that, I'm not involved in the Samsung TV driver development anymore.

RyanE

I have mine working for my 49 inch frame tv via iP

It’s been working for a while now

Attached is the driver info for the one I’m using.

Honestly it’s not missed a beat.

Also Samsung related a huge firmware update for their TVs so before using the driver please update your TVs

:)

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_2896.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.