C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 3.0

Shaggy

I had my Control4 installer here yesterday and he mentioned that Control4 will be sending out their new 3.0 updates out before CES comes at the end of September.  Anyone else hear about this?  I haven't found any news of it on the web...

Just want to see if others have heard of this.

4 hours ago, Shaggy said:

I had my Control4 installer here yesterday and he mentioned that Control4 will be sending out their new 3.0 updates out before CES comes at the end of September.  Anyone else hear about this?  I haven't found any news of it on the web...

Just want to see if others have heard of this.

If you are expecting version 3.0 you will be very disappointed.

13 hours ago, msgreenf said:

based on what comparison? 

Im not basing this off any comparison.  Control4 has been fairly stagnant in innovation the last several years in both hardware and software.  They had a history of industry innovation previously.  It hasn't yet cost them much market share, but I fear that if another company starts to innovate C4 will suffer.  Maybe I'm wrong and there will be big announcements at Cedia.

They released a new line of controllers and touch panels that run on an entirely different operating system to have a stronger foundation, apple watch support, alexa, 4k, sounds like they will add google home natively, just to name a few that quickly come to mind. If you dont have any other company to compare it to then you have no basis. URC was really the one to make a move in C4s consumer base with Total Control and they are very far from being a contender. C4 isnt perfect and i am dissapointed with the native z-wave since there are tons of devices that arent supported but compared to what is available it moved with the rest of the industry quite well in my opinion. Also the 3rd party guys do a good job filling the holes to support things that c4 doesnt right out of the box.

7 hours ago, digitaltrader said:

Im not basing this off any comparison.  Control4 has been fairly stagnant in innovation the last several years in both hardware and software.  They had a history of industry innovation previously.  It hasn't yet cost them much market share, but I fear that if another company starts to innovate C4 will suffer.  Maybe I'm wrong and there will be big announcements at Cedia.

so with no basis of comparison, i don't know how you come to a conclusion that is based on fact.  It's your opinion....

2 hours ago, msgreenf said:

so with no basis of comparison, i don't know how you come to a conclusion that is based on fact.  It's your opinion....

It is exactly my opinion.  You get upset too easily.  We are allowed to discuss our opinions here. You are permitted to have your opinion with rainbow glasses if you desire.  You obviously disagree with my opinion and that's fine.  

10 hours ago, digitaltrader said:

It hasn't cost Control4 ANY market share, because Control4 is growing its market share.

What exactly was Control4's 'history of industry innovation'? I'm about the biggest C4 fan out there, but it's not C4's role to INNOVATE. It is not an innovation company, it's a company that delivers a solid product, at a solid price, with minimal hassle. It's the ball-peen hammer in your toolbox, not the hypersonic escrewdriver.

It is exactly my opinion.  You get upset too easily.  We are allowed to discuss our opinions here. You are permitted to have your opinion with rainbow glasses if you desire.  You obviously disagree with my opinion and that's fine.  
Everyone's got opinions. I'm not upset by anyone's I was just trying to understand more of where you were coming from

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.