C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 3.0

Shaggy

8 minutes ago, RyanE said:

I suspect the OP means on the remote, since you do have volume feedback on touchpanels for devices that provide it.

RyanE

Yes! It would be cool to have volume feedback on the remote. I know that you cannot say what the new features are, but it shouldnt be a problem to confirm that this feature is not happening, correct? :P  

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2017 at 1:59 PM, mallom said:

Yes! It would be cool to have volume feedback on the remote. I know that you cannot say what the new features are, but it shouldnt be a problem to confirm that this feature is not happening, correct? :P  

On 9/1/2017 at 4:41 PM, sonic30101 said:

Volume percentage is displayed which could only possible when its control driver is 2 way and receives status from the amp. Problem is the remotes have limited screen real estate so they probably wont carve that out for volume percentage

This would be cool to have.  I have an SR260 in most rooms as well as a T3 and I use the remotes daily.  All of my amps are IP so they give two way.  When my dealer updated me to 2.1, I noticed that the remotes updated as well and there was an orange percentage display at the top of the sr260 screen next to the clock showing update time. Seems like a no brainer to use for volume on a daily basis. 

• 4 months later...
Another idea would be to just temporarily show the volume on the remote screen while it's actively being changed.  After a short period of time the remote display could return to it's normal state, and no new display real estate would be required.
I like that idea but it would only work for 2 way drivers

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...
On 4/13/2019 at 9:34 PM, tdougray said:

Just because the OS would go to 3.0 does not mean we are going to get a massive step change. 2.10.7 could be no different than 3.0. I think we all just hope 🤣

Major changes won't be in a minor revision. I.e. a new GUI will not be in 2.10.7, however it will be in OS 3.

40 minutes ago, Robert C8 said:

Is the rumour true that HE is being withdrawn for end users with OS 3.0 and the delay is down to 

legal situations in each country ? 

26 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

? You're talking about a rumour concerning a rumour (HE being removed - a rumour, OS 3.0 coming - a rumour), and a rumour on top of that (delays)

Rumours are rarely true, and I haven't even HEARD about these rumours until you mentioned them.

So stop spreading rumours.

I had a dealer telling me the same - so it is likely not just a rumor.
I was told that HE will be removed for US/NA but probably not for EU due to legal issues. Programming will only be available to the end user via mycontrol4 account and "IF/WHEN/THAT" interface.
Personally I think that sucks and looks like a major regression as the web-interface does not provide a good overview for the whole system setup - so currently I would really dislike that. If the web-interface visually adapts to HE with tree layout and sub-entries for variables / devices I would not care much.

The reason is supposed to be that end users fuck up the programming and saying "it wasn't me" and then expect the dealer to fix it - I do believe that this being an issue is true but I can imagine there are other ways to prevent an end-user to modify/delete a dealers programming - i.e. tie a code string to HE or Pro via a simple flag and grey a dealers programming in HE out - seems much simpler to me and just as affective.

But we will how much will be true see when it is ready.... 😉

31 minutes ago, blub said:

The reason is supposed to be that end users fuck up the programming and saying "it wasn't me" and then expect the dealer to fix it - I do believe that this being an issue is true but I can imagine there are other ways to prevent an end-user to modify/delete a dealers programming - i.e. tie a code string to HE or Pro via a simple flag and grey a dealers programming in HE out - seems much simpler to me and just as affective.

I might be missing something so please correct me if i am wrong but I personally dont get this as a reason. The dealers will have the project saved for the customer and will know within minutes if its the customer who has broke the system. At this stage it becomes a chargeable service to fix creating more revenue for the dealer network. 

24 minutes ago, tdougray said:

I might be missing something so please correct me if i am wrong but I personally dont get this as a reason. The dealers will have the project saved for the customer and will know within minutes if its the customer who has broke the system. At this stage it becomes a chargeable service to fix creating more revenue for the dealer network. 

Agreed... I don’t see any logic in this argument,

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.