C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 3.0

Shaggy

11 hours ago, blub said:

You do know that I am not going to reveal the name, that is something you don't do.

For one I wasn't the 1st posting this and it is not my intent to spread any malcontent- check my posts I haven't done it in the past and I don't intend it to do now.

If you classify every rumor as malcontent / attempt to spread malcontent then it's probably best just skip the discussion

I'm not classifying every rumour as malcontent, however spouting about HE 'being removed' with it being, as it stands, the singular method the end-user has to program the system (when/then doesn't come close) is something I DO see as such.

And of course you won't state the name. But is suppose we'll never know if this dealer even exists do we? Regardless, it's a baseless rumour. And complete non-sense unless proven otherwise.

I'm aware you weren't the only one saying it, you just want to state you have the same information 'from a dealer' which is arguably worse than a random statement.

5 hours ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

Just had a look for the CA1 thread form a while back and below are two Quotes concerning the CA1

Quote from CY about the CA1 "LOL you're all assuming it even exists beyond paperwork....and that the paperwork is even real. "

Quote From msgreenf  "Imho the paperwork is real.but the product was cancelled "

And? There was a hype being built up, thinking it might be a PYNG style device (how's that going by the way?) that would then allow people to set up their own C4 system. My point still stands, you were speculating over something that, at the time, was only paperwork, and with no confirmation that paperwork was even real, in the sense that it wasn't just a generic fcc filing for a product that made it past a prototype, if it even made it that far.

16 hours ago, blub said:
On 4/16/2019 at 10:59 PM, RyanE said:
I'm not saying that at some point it won't be replaced, but I think it's a pretty good assumption that if it were to be removed, it would be replaced with something that had equivalent functionality, which When -> Then doesn't.
When -> Then is getting better, that's for certain, but there's a *lot* of functionality packed into ComposerHE.
RyanE

Very diplomatic answer that which leaves a door open for pretty much any possibility 😉

I can't predict the future, so I'd never rule out getting rid of HE *at some point*, but it's not on an immediate roadmap.

Kill the rumor.

RyanE

• 2 weeks later...

After acquiring Neeo, Neeo discontinuing their sales directly to the consumer, and only selling to C4 dealers makes me think this will change the user interface completely. Neeo currently works with 60,000 products, and they’ve been working with C4 to design a new interface long before the acquisition was announced. I’ve never used Neeo’s remote, but the way it works with so many different types of hardware while working with all the individual applications within the hardware (mostly streaming devices, kaleidescape, apps within TVs, etc), I wouldn’t be surprised to see a completely redesigned UI along with a replacement for Composer HE. Just like Neeo has announced that they will continue to support their existing clients for 24 months and just rolled out the last firmware update ever, I would think Control4 would do something similar by allowing a gradual transition. This is normally the best solution, which is why Microsoft decided to continue supporting Windows 7 after Windows 10 was released.

As already mentioned several times, this is all speculation, except for the acquisition and the partnership prior to the acquisition. It wouldn’t make sense for C4 to acquire someone and not utilize their technology, especially after having worked together before this acquisition took place. They’ve already demonstrated they can do this well after acquiring Pakedge and Triad.

6EF6BE93-B8C6-4FC6-AF18-F3F429D3AABA.jpeg

On 5/4/2019 at 3:06 PM, rolldog said:

After acquiring Neeo, Neeo discontinuing their sales directly to the consumer, and only selling to C4 dealers makes me think this will change the user interface completely. Neeo currently works with 60,000 products, and they’ve been working with C4 to design a new interface long before the acquisition was announced. I’ve never used Neeo’s remote, but the way it works with so many different types of hardware while working with all the individual applications within the hardware (mostly streaming devices, kaleidescape, apps within TVs, etc), I wouldn’t be surprised to see a completely redesigned UI along with a replacement for Composer HE. Just like Neeo has announced that they will continue to support their existing clients for 24 months and just rolled out the last firmware update ever, I would think Control4 would do something similar by allowing a gradual transition. This is normally the best solution, which is why Microsoft decided to continue supporting Windows 7 after Windows 10 was released.

As already mentioned several times, this is all speculation, except for the acquisition and the partnership prior to the acquisition. It wouldn’t make sense for C4 to acquire someone and not utilize their technology, especially after having worked together before this acquisition took place. They’ve already demonstrated they can do this well after acquiring Pakedge and Triad.

6EF6BE93-B8C6-4FC6-AF18-F3F429D3AABA.jpeg

I was told from my dealer that the acquisition was for patents only as told to them by the regional c4 Rep. 

On 5/5/2019 at 4:17 AM, Gary Leeds UK said:

The chat is ~ HC250 will not be able to update to 3.0 

~ hc800 can update but will lose the GUI

~ security camera will get a update to minimum 1080p but could be 4K 

~ new touchscreens T4 10inch and 8 inch (could be 3.1 release in September)

~ New GUI 

~ Apple integration

i could be wrong 

Was told by me dealer that new TS will come with a camera-less option. People complained about bedroom and bathroom privacy

48 minutes ago, ERDrPC said:

I was told from my dealer that the acquisition was for patents only as told to them by the regional c4 Rep. 

I doubt that. If you look at the remote picture its like 1000 times nicer looking."All" C4 needs is add ZigBee and its own GUI in they have a much nicer looking remote. And I am sure there is more than just the remote for Control4 to get out of NEO

9 hours ago, ERDrPC said:

Anything that isn't coming directly through Control4 official announcements and/or Control4's public filings with the SEC are not necessarily accurate.

I'm sure there are plenty of people theorizing as to the details of the NEEO purchase, etc., but the only people on this forum who know all the details aren't going to be communicating them here, and you should take the rumors you hear here with a huge grain of salt.

RyanE

22 minutes ago, zaphod said:

And given today's announcement I wonder if all of this is now off the table...

maybe delayed but not off the table.  why would snap av buy a HA platform and disable it?  Again I am not thrilled with how they dealt with the Houselogix buy out, Snap doesnt have their own HA platform (just reseller for Clare systems).  So why buy the platform and put it to rest?  Some bigger player could have purchased C4 for expertise/patents and then put the system to bed.  I have to think Snap WANTS to progress the platform.

By off the table, I meant holding off on major changes like getting rid of HE, launching OS 3.0, etc.  Having a new owner can mean that a company will revisit its strategy and put major changes on hold for a while during the consummation of the acquisition/merger.

And given today's announcement I wonder if all of this is now off the table...
That I would doubt. Progress is too far and scraping os 3 would make a clear sign

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.