Shaggy

Control4 3.0

11 hours ago, blub said:

You do know that I am not going to reveal the name, that is something you don't do.

For one I wasn't the 1st posting this and it is not my intent to spread any malcontent- check my posts I haven't done it in the past and I don't intend it to do now.

If you classify every rumor as malcontent / attempt to spread malcontent then it's probably best just skip the discussion

I'm not classifying every rumour as malcontent, however spouting about HE 'being removed' with it being, as it stands, the singular method the end-user has to program the system (when/then doesn't come close) is something I DO see as such.

And of course you won't state the name. But is suppose we'll never know if this dealer even exists do we? Regardless, it's a baseless rumour. And complete non-sense unless proven otherwise.

I'm aware you weren't the only one saying it, you just want to state you have the same information 'from a dealer' which is arguably worse than a random statement.

5 hours ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

Just had a look for the CA1 thread form a while back and below are two Quotes concerning the CA1

Quote from CY about the CA1 "LOL you're all assuming it even exists beyond paperwork....and that the paperwork is even real. "

Quote From msgreenf  "Imho the paperwork is real.but the product was cancelled "

And? There was a hype being built up, thinking it might be a PYNG style device (how's that going by the way?) that would then allow people to set up their own C4 system. My point still stands, you were speculating over something that, at the time, was only paperwork, and with no confirmation that paperwork was even real, in the sense that it wasn't just a generic fcc filing for a product that made it past a prototype, if it even made it that far.

4 minutes ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

Cy - You do take life wee bit too serious at times

Its Easter and we have long weekend - Enjoy 

Easter is serious business 😉 It isn't easy to get all those easter eggs around the world!

16 hours ago, blub said:
On 4/16/2019 at 10:59 PM, RyanE said:
I'm not saying that at some point it won't be replaced, but I think it's a pretty good assumption that if it were to be removed, it would be replaced with something that had equivalent functionality, which When -> Then doesn't.
When -> Then is getting better, that's for certain, but there's a *lot* of functionality packed into ComposerHE.
RyanE

Very diplomatic answer that which leaves a door open for pretty much any possibility 😉

I can't predict the future, so I'd never rule out getting rid of HE *at some point*, but it's not on an immediate roadmap.

Kill the rumor.

RyanE