C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 3.0

Shaggy

14 hours ago, LollerAgent said:

Why would it be?  The SnapAV stuff has obviously been in the works for a while now, just as the Neeo acquisition (and 3.0) has been.

The SnapAV is way bigger than Neeo and likely was only known about by a handful of people at C4, otherwise you run the risk of insider trading (anyone that knew the deal was going to happen would have made a tidy 40% return when the stock popped yesterday) which the SEC tends to frown upon.  And it is not a certainty - it could be trumped by another bid or rejected by shareholders.

The SnapAV is way bigger than Neeo and likely was only known about by a handful of people at C4, otherwise you run the risk of insider trading (anyone that knew the deal was going to happen would have made a tidy 40% return when the stock popped yesterday) which the SEC tends to frown upon.  And it is not a certainty - it could be trumped by another bid or rejected by shareholders.
I haven't looked into the details of this buyout, but if SnapAV is a public company, the difference between the price of the takeover and the price where it's currently trading is risk of the uncertainty of the takeover not happening. The larger the variance, the larger the risk of not going through. If it's trading at the takeover price, then more than likely, it's a sure thing. I myself don't care for the SnapAV products, but my dealer likes them. I prefer Ubiquiti networking equipment, but I wouldn't buy shares of either.

Sent from my SM-G9750 using Tapatalk

I haven't looked into the details of this buyout, but if SnapAV is a public company, the difference between the price of the takeover and the price where it's currently trading is risk of the uncertainty of the takeover not happening. The larger the variance, the larger the risk of not going through. If it's trading at the takeover price, then more than likely, it's a sure thing. I myself don't care for the SnapAV products, but my dealer likes them. I prefer Ubiquiti networking equipment, but I wouldn't buy shares of either.

Sent from my SM-G9750 using Tapatalk

Snap is private

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

It is more the price of CTRL that shows the probability of a deal going through with an all-cash deal.  CTRL is trading at about $23.73 and the SnapAV offer is for $23.91/share.  So I would say the market thinks that it is highly probably the deal will go through.  If the price was trading above $23.91 it might indicate that the market expects someone else to come along with a better offer.

Note that SNAP is a public company but it is the parent company of Snapchat, not SnapAV.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2019 at 12:25 PM, Cyknight said:

And? There was a hype being built up, thinking it might be a PYNG style device (how's that going by the way?) that would then allow people to set up their own C4 system. My point still stands, you were speculating over something that, at the time, was only paperwork, and with no confirmation that paperwork was even real, in the sense that it wasn't just a generic fcc filing for a product that made it past a prototype, if it even made it that far.

just take your medicine on that one. you were wrong. it was obvious that the CA-1 was real and all the documents were out there.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.