C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 and MQTT?

zaphod

• 1 year later...

On 9/13/2017 at 1:45 PM, zaphod said:

Has anyone done  any work in integrating C4 and MQTT?  Such as writing an MQTT driver for C4?  This could be an interesting way to communicate to third party hardware.

https://github.com/mqtt/mqtt.github.io

i´m Looking for the same, because of the age of this post i think no one have a way to do it  =( 

how about use the homebridge on a rasberrypi with the driver on C4, and sonoff interface connected to it, does anyone make this work together?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi David,

that’s neat. I will give it a try. I have flashed a Neo Coolcam Wi-Fi wall plug (currently controlling it simply via HTTP) and I’m planning to flash my Mi LED Desk Lamp, both with Espurna.

Would be nice to have lightV2 dimmer sliders for the LED lamp (one for brightness, one for color temperature).

By the way, I think that the c4z files could be considered ‘releases’ (GitHub has a feature for that), they probably don’t belong to the git repo itself.

EDIT: Nevermind, I’ve just noticed you publish only the encrypted Lua portion of the drivers anyway, not the actual source code (not sure if that’s what’s GitHub intended for).

• 2 months later...

Hi all!!

I discovered the Berto driver, and tested it with my Mqtt broker. It has the IP 192.168.1.100 and my sonoff tasmota the IP 192.168.1.120. But I can't make it work, there's no way.

I use the configuration like shown in the images David attached:

Server: mqtts://192.168.1.100 
Username: DVES_USER
Password: DVES_PASS
Topic:

Everything else like default.

I have no specific user or login into my broker, I actually can send messages with MQTTool app to the topic "cmnd/sonoff/power" and it works fine without any authentication, but I can't do the driver work. I've changed the server (with or without mqtts....) and writting the topic, but it doesn't seem to work ever.

What am I doing wrong?
Thank you very much!!!!
Best regards

Hi David,

Not sure if something has changed with the driver or it's me, but I'm not seeing messages from topics on the MQTT Driver properties page. The Sonoff relay driver is showing connected to broker and control works.

I'm using a Pi as a MQTT broker running Mosquitto (no username or password) and Node-RED for testing. Node-RED shows the messages from Control4 in debug but sending messages from Node-RED shows nothing in the driver. Topic subscribed is cmnd/#  (Sonoff with Tasmoto firmware)

Only started messing about with it on Thursday and same settings were working then ... 

Great driver!

David,

I'm using it to control C4 dimmers and Hue lights (and some Ikea) via a Node Red Dashboard and some homemade ESP8266 MQTT buttons.

I sometimes have the same problem that NextGenAV exposed... and also MQTT IN programmation disappearing under "When A General Message is Received"... MQTT out programmation stays ok.

Capture d’écran 2019-02-10 à 19.05.51.png

17 hours ago, NextGenAV said:

Hi David,

Not sure if something has changed with the driver or it's me, but I'm not seeing messages from topics on the MQTT Driver properties page. The Sonoff relay driver is showing connected to broker and control works.

I'm using a Pi as a MQTT broker running Mosquitto (no username or password) and Node-RED for testing. Node-RED shows the messages from Control4 in debug but sending messages from Node-RED shows nothing in the driver. Topic subscribed is cmnd/#  (Sonoff with Tasmoto firmware)

Only started messing about with it on Thursday and same settings were working then ... 

Great driver!

Please update to V2, see https://github.com/davidmassot/Berto/blob/master/src/Berto_MQTTBridge/README.md.

Thanks

19 hours ago, david@berto.co.uk said:

Thanks Christophe/NextGenAV.

Sometimes I've noticed that the MQTT bridge can lose subscriptions when drivers are added/updated. I'll look into this but in the mean time will add an Action option to refresh subscriptions to see if this sorts the issue next time you have the problem.

Thanks David,

Reprogrammed my TestRoom (Bureau) I let you know.

Many Thanks for your work!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.