C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 and MQTT?

zaphod

8 hours ago, Jas0r said:

Awesome thanks, I now have it running. With the hub is the IOT_Gateway driver supposed to see all items in the hub or only select ones? I have some powerboards that have to use Tuya as they cannot be flashed with Tasmota. They are working via the hub but do not seem to be discovered in the gateway.

I have put the hub pin into the "Assist Pin Code" property. 

Thanks  

What are the powerboards you’re using? I assume they are running Tasmota, you’re just using Tuya to flash the devices? What module are they configured as?

The hub is used as the mqtt broker for all devices and the IoT Gateway.

The assist pin code is used for Google Assistant integration and does not use the hub at all.

Hi

Its a pb4ksha (https://www.bunnings.com.au/arlec-grid-connect-smart-4-outlet-powerboard_p0161023) which reading cannot be currently be flashed using Tuya-Convert

It can only be used with Tuya Smart which there is a plugin for Homebridge for 

TuyaWebPlatform

@milo526/homebridge-tuya-web v0.7.1

So now you say its a MQTT Broker the property "MQTT Server" should be that of the Hub as I have been running an independent instance of Mosquitto?

8 hours ago, Jas0r said:

Hi

Its a pb4ksha (https://www.bunnings.com.au/arlec-grid-connect-smart-4-outlet-powerboard_p0161023) which reading cannot be currently be flashed using Tuya-Convert

It can only be used with Tuya Smart which there is a plugin for Homebridge for 

TuyaWebPlatform

@milo526/homebridge-tuya-web v0.7.1

So now you say its a MQTT Broker the property "MQTT Server" should be that of the Hub as I have been running an independent instance of Mosquitto?

The hub exposes Control4 devices that you set in the driver to Homebridge not the other way round. Sorry 

• 4 weeks later...

Sonoff SNZB-03 motion comes up as UNKNOWN (Device 0x0954), the other devices SNZB-01,02,04 identify correctly using Gateway v1.24.  With report devices I get: "X 0x0954 255.255.255.255 UNKNOWN" whereas other devices identify correctly as "0x377e 255.255.255.255 Sonoff Zigbee Wireless Button -> Berto IoT Device - SNZB01 Button" for example.

Anyone able to get SNZB-03 motion to work?

11 hours ago, cwilmo said:

Sonoff SNZB-03 motion comes up as UNKNOWN (Device 0x0954), the other devices SNZB-01,02,04 identify correctly using Gateway v1.24.  With report devices I get: "X 0x0954 255.255.255.255 UNKNOWN" whereas other devices identify correctly as "0x377e 255.255.255.255 Sonoff Zigbee Wireless Button -> Berto IoT Device - SNZB01 Button" for example.

Anyone able to get SNZB-03 motion to work?

Are you using the Sonoff Zigbee Bridge or Zigbee2MQTT?

I have it working on both setups. 

If Tasmota then what version are you running?

Thanks

5 hours ago, cwilmo said:

I’m using Sonoff ZB bridge with Tasmota 9.3.1.1 and I believe ESP32 6.7.8. The device is paired with the bridge but doesn’t show battery life like the others.

ZBforget it and then re-add it again

Betro now supports Sonoff Zigbee Switch relay, a $10 unit that is a fraction of the C4 one.  I had migrated from WiFi to Zigbee for reducing the number of WiFi devices in my house hold, after approaching 280 devices.  Also Tasmota 9.3.1 introduces a noticeable delay if configured below Gateway without Internet access ...

518raF3qTWL._SL1500_.jpg

Also it is worth to mention that you can have many ZB Bridges in one project, Sonoff ZB Bridge is a very convenient unit that can be placed freely anywhere to give you the coverage you need.  I currently have 2 within my project and have plans to go to 4 bridges for optimum coverage ...

04_4.jpg

Hi, does the driver work with the newest Shelly2 driver 1.9.6? I have been having trouble with lights cutting out and the latest driver seems to have fixed it. 

I can get all the status of the lights from within the drive but no control. The hub can control them fine just not C4. 

56 minutes ago, Jas0r said:

Hi, does the driver work with the newest Shelly2 driver 1.9.6? I have been having trouble with lights cutting out and the latest driver seems to have fixed it. 

I can get all the status of the lights from within the drive but no control. The hub can control them fine just not C4. 

I had flashed all Shelly’s as well with Tasmota, it’s fairly easy and it works fine with the driver just for having a unified experience not to mention am totally against any notorious cloud service ...

• 3 weeks later...

@Amr I have tried tasmota but am running dimmer 2 with no neutral. After applying the template it would flash on and off then reset the module to defaults. 

I have read there are still a lot of bugs with this. 

I have now rolled back to Shelly firmware. 

4 hours ago, Jas0r said:

@Amr I have tried tasmota but am running dimmer 2 with no neutral. After applying the template it would flash on and off then reset the module to defaults. 

I have read there are still a lot of bugs with this. 

I have now rolled back to Shelly firmware. 

Hummm, I don’t have Dimmers so I can’t replicate the issues, I believe u were running 9.3.1 as well. Can u go to 8.5.1 and test again with one of your dimmers?

I dont think I can as the dimmer 2's have only just been added to tasmota since 9.2. I think I need to wait for more testing and debugging by the developers. 

Unfortunately the dramas of not having neutral wires in my house

On 4/3/2021 at 2:03 AM, Jas0r said:

I dont think I can as the dimmer 2's have only just been added to tasmota since 9.2. I think I need to wait for more testing and debugging by the developers. 

Unfortunately the dramas of not having neutral wires in my house

I don’t get it really, how do u don’t have neutral wire in your house? Nothing would work, I believe u don’t have neutral wire running to every point in your house, right?

48 minutes ago, Amr said:

I don’t get it really, how do u don’t have neutral wire in your house? Nothing would work, I believe u don’t have neutral wire running to every point in your house, right?

Neutral and ground tied together. Not code, hasn't been for a long time, but possible on 110v.

Really should require a re-do of the house wiring....fire hazard and all that.

1 hour ago, Cyknight said:

Neutral and ground tied together. Not code, hasn't been for a long time, but possible on 110v.

Really should require a re-do of the house wiring....fire hazard and all that.

Well this is not the best practice, this has to happen from day 1, retrofit is impossible I guess, not to mention the significant costs!

8 minutes ago, Amr said:

Well this is not the best practice, this has to happen from day 1, retrofit is impossible I guess, not to mention the significant costs!

Again, not code for maybe 50 plus years now, not best practise for longer than that - but if the house is that old...

Usually when someone says they "don't have neutral", they mean that they don't have a neutral at a light switch location, which would commonly be called 'switch leg' wiring.

Much, much, much, much less common would be a house that truly has no neutral wiring, including to outlets, etc.

I can't imagine that scenario even with 75+ year old Knob and Tube wiring (it wasn't commonly installed in residential after the 1940's).  Extremely common to not have ground back then with K&T, but nearly impossible to "not have neutral".

RyanE

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, zaphod said:

Would the MQTT driver allow me to get the temperature reading from a Sonoff TH16 like this into C4:
51L1NS0envL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

https://www.amazon.ca/Sonoff-Temperature-Humidity-Monitoring-Assistant/dp/B07TF5SYGL/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1

If device sends a value in some topic its possible, i’m doing this with zwave device. 

in programing chose when general message received set condition if topic is (topic on which value is sent) and pass the number value to a temperature display device. Maybe also you will need to play with variables to convert from number to float depending on what type of number temperature device is recieving.

you will need to add the topic in properties in topics field and restart the mqtt bridge 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.