C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 and MQTT?

zaphod

I found this on the OpenHAB forums - does this look promising?  Can the driver parse that JSON data?

I’ve tried several times now to parse the temperature from a Sonoff TH16 running Tasmota 8.2.0. The MQTT message generated by the TH16 for the sensor (AM2301) is:

18:52:09 MQT: tele/TH16/SENSOR = {“Time”:“2020-07-11T18:52:09”,“AM2301”:{“Temperature”:25.8,“Humidity”:59.8,“DewPoint”:17.4},“TempUnit”:“C”}

9 hours ago, Amr said:

No, I tried but there is no way you can display the readings within C4.

Are you using Berto IOT_Device driver? If so, ask your dealer to bind the driver to C4 generic temperature display driver.

11 hours ago, Zuhair said:

This device works with Berto driver, it has to be flashed with Tasmota. 

And will it give me temperatures in C4 as well as the other capabilities, like switching? I assume that from your response to Amr about making the binding.

12 hours ago, zaphod said:

And will it give me temperatures in C4 as well as the other capabilities, like switching? I assume that from your response to Amr about making the binding.

That's correct, once you link the "Berto IOT Device" driver to a temperature sensor (Tasmota, zigbee2mqtt, zigbee2tasmota or Shelly) the temperature and humidity will be available in C4 programming. To have the temperature displayed on OSD you'll need to bind the "Berto IOT Device" driver to C4 generic temperature & humidity display driver.

In my case, I've asked my dealer to bind all the "Berto IOT Devices" temperature sensors to C4 generic temperature & humidity display drivers to have it displayed on OSD and easier programming in HE.

For example in my case: C4 will get the temperature from Aqara Zigbee sensor, if it's above a certain value it will close the Aqara Zigbee curtains, and if the humidity is high, it will turn on the A/C. 

In bathrooms, if humidity reach to a certain value, C4 will turn on the exhaust using Aqara Zigbee wall switches for 15min.

In some areas, I'm using Aqara Zigbee motion sensors to turn on/off the light using Aqara Zigbee wall switches.

On 5/20/2021 at 10:43 AM, Zuhair said:

Are you using Berto IOT_Device driver? If so, ask your dealer to bind the driver to C4 generic temperature display driver.

Humm, he tried and failed, may be he was tired that day :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Control4 wireless thermostat and can see it has a variable for current temperature (TEMPERATURE_C). Wanting to send the value of the variable via MQTT.

I have it working by using conditionals (eg. when temperature changes -> if TEMPERATURE_C  is x -> send mqtt topic/x) which means I have a list of conditionals.

Wondering if I can just send the value of the variable somehow?

On 6/4/2021 at 1:25 AM, aceben72 said:

Wondering if I can just send the value of the variable somehow?

That would depend on the MQTT driver developer.  Some drivers allow you to put the [deviceid:variableid] in a string to include that variable in the sent message, but the driver itself needs to support something along those lines.

RyanE

6 hours ago, RyanE said:

That would depend on the MQTT driver developer.  Some drivers allow you to put the [deviceid:variableid] in a string to include that variable in the sent message, but the driver itself needs to support something along those lines.

RyanE

You can use the following format ${DEVICE_ID::VARIABLE_LABEL}, it works i’m using it

7 hours ago, aceben72 said:

Thanks blokes that's what I'm after but can't get it to work.

Device id is 1114 and variable label is TEMPERATURE_C

Tried:

${1114::TEMPERATURE_C}  -> just sends an empty message

What is the go here? 

Try Proxi id instead of device id

8 hours ago, aceben72 said:

Thanks blokes that's what I'm after but can't get it to work.

Device id is 1114 and variable label is TEMPERATURE_C

Tried:

${1114::TEMPERATURE_C}  -> just sends an empty message

What is the go here? 

Also try to parse the TEMPERATURE_C to variable to see if its empty or if it gives a value, in the thermostata that i’m using the variable for current temperature is CURRENT_TEMP

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, NextGenAV said:

I would suggest switching to Shelly devices and using Alan's driver (Chowmain)

Yes Tempting, whatever Alan's produce is solid rock, but I have to buy tons of hardware and hours of labour to swap what's installed already not to mention all the devices that are falsed with Tasmota already, and lastly its OS3.2+ only am still on 2.10.6

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.