C4 Forums | Control4

Amazon Fire TV Stick - Slow IP control

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My signle one is also wired. All streaming media in my house is wired.

Pakedge system tru out the house that seemes health so don't think it's a network issue.

If someone experiencing the problem my self and poseidonsystems is experiencing and solved the issue, please let us know :)

I had to install the new 4K version at a client’s house and it’s not working at an acceptable clip. It’s happening again and I called c4 support and it looks like it’s something with the amazon fire api that is causing a delay. From now on I recommend going with a wired version of the fire tv when you integrate with c4.Thos are the only ones that I’ve witnessed an acceptable navigation experience.

I had to install the new 4K version at a client’s house and it’s not working at an acceptable clip. It’s happening again and I called c4 support and it looks like it’s something with the amazon fire api that is causing a delay. From now on I recommend going with a wired version of the fire tv when you integrate with c4.Thos are the only ones that I’ve witnessed an acceptable navigation experience.
There is an ethernet adapter that for the new fire stick

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, David Paxton said:

The slow response has nothing to do with the device.

The driver is not a true IP driver and is rely using ADB to send commands to the fire TV, ADB is slow by default.

Yea but why are some folks reporting good response times on their same devices? 

Archived