C4 Forums | Control4

SR260 Remote Hourglass Issues

I bought an SR260 remote on eBay and when it arrived it had the hourglass icon on the display with a red dash underneath going across 3 times.

I have tried both the Room Off #*13143, and holding the C4 button and 0 when I put the batteries back in and neither did anything at all.

Are there any other key combo's I can try or any other pointers, or is this just a shot duck?

They have no more stock so I am hoping to get it up and running so I don't have to pay return shipping and also wait for ages to grab this from another supplier. Hopefully someone can help!

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/10/2017 at 12:59 AM, Derrick Cain said:

The Hourglass indicates it cannot find the network.  You'll need a dealer to add this device to your project, there is no way to do this without a dealer.

Yes I was getting the dealer to add it and it would not do anything else at all apart from the hourglass.

As I am new to this, does the 260 show anything if it leaves the network (Like the 250 does when it tells you it is leaving the network) and is it still 4 presses of the 4 button to join it up.

i had this problem with a SR260 that i purchase from ebay also, the solution for me was to bring it within 2 feet of the controller when i attempted to discover it on the network. once i did that it found the network fine and joined. I did however try all of the reset codes first before i figured that out, so that may also be part of the process

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I had this problem today when I had to turn off my router.  When I rebooted that, got the hourglass. Realised I had turned off everything when I turned off the router, ie the Control4 box as well.  So I did this:

turned off router

turned off Control 4 box

turned on router and waited until I could see it was working by checking on phone and doing a speed test

turned on Control4 box

took batteries out of remote and put back in

This seemed to work. Hope this helps someone else!

• 3 months later...

Have a C4-SR260.   Was working fine four hours ago.  Now, it won't control anything.   Screen  is blank except for showing hourglass on reinserting  battery and for half second when pressing red C4 button.  Changing symbol in upper right of screen shows full, but appears pinkish. When push Watch button, get hour glass flash and small red rectangle in lower right of screen.  What is going on?  

13 minutes ago, Gene Brooks said:

Have a C4-SR260.   Was working fine four hours ago.  Now, it won't control anything.   Screen  is blank except for showing hourglass on reinserting  battery and for half second when pressing red C4 button.  Changing symbol in upper right of screen shows full, but appears pinkish. When push Watch button, get hour glass flash and small red rectangle in lower right of screen.  What is going on?  

i would recommend having a dealer Rejoin it to your mesh - I am happy to help

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/25/2019 at 8:51 AM, Often Confused said:

I had this problem today when I had to turn off my router.  When I rebooted that, got the hourglass. Realised I had turned off everything when I turned off the router, ie the Control4 box as well.  So I did this:

turned off router

turned off Control 4 box

turned on router and waited until I could see it was working by checking on phone and doing a speed test

turned on Control4 box

took batteries out of remote and put back in

This seemed to work. Hope this helps someone else!

It did for me - thanks 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.