C4 Forums | Control4

Need faster Fire TV gui / menu control in C4?

videostorm

3 hours ago, msgreenf said:

yes, but it doesn't use the control4 driver. it either uses a "lite" free driver from Video storm (on their website) or a more feature rich driver from Chowmain soft that costs $$

What function does the Chowmain driver provide over the VA one?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do you use the mini apps with the IRUSB driver?  I've changed out to the IRUSB driver and can't seem to get any of the mini apps to work (downloaded from Video Storm site).  

Also - the instructions for creating new mini apps is confusing.  Trying to create mini apps for Plex and NetFlix.  

Netflix is in the zip now (re download if needed).

Add the mini drivers and make the connections in composer.

Make sure the property "Send HOME on power on" is set to NO  (on the irusb driver)

Set the "App type" property (also on irusb driver) according to your device (Shield => Google Play TV, Fire tv => Amazon)

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/25/2018 at 6:45 PM, sonic30101 said:

the driver icon shows up in navigator as an amazon firetv, is there an easy way to change it to a nvidia shield? I changed the app type and refreshed navigators and it didnt change anything

I was thinking the same thing. Have it show an Android logo if using anything other than an fire tv

• 3 months later...
16 hours ago, Yucleto said:

No more comments in this request ? Regards !

From the keyboard mapping Alan posted, the "context menu" in Kodi defaults to the "C" key.  Android itself doesn't have a "context menu", but on some devices "long press" of the home key will bring up a app switching or quick select menu.

7 hours ago, videostorm said:

From the keyboard mapping Alan posted, the "context menu" in Kodi defaults to the "C" key.  Android itself doesn't have a "context menu", but on some devices "long press" of the home key will bring up a app switching or quick select menu.

Yes I know but Control4 doesnt handle a long press, so it would be better to have an option to configure it on a special button. The context menu does work on KODI, outside doesnt.

Thanx in advance.

Regards !

On 1/15/2019 at 4:05 PM, Yucleto said:

Yes I know but Control4 doesnt handle a long press, so it would be better to have an option to configure it on a special button. The context menu does work on KODI, outside doesnt.

Thanx in advance.

Regards !

Our driver does support "long press" capability via C4.  Navigation buttons you can long press.  For home key or select long press, you can map these to a "color" button on your remote.

Archived