C4 Forums | Control4

C4 driver for nVidia Shield

videostorm

20 minutes ago, Daxio75 said:

ok thanks for this, i am quite new to C4 and might need some walkthrough instructions, does this have this? thanks in the meatime

http://www.video-storm.com/Downloads/irusb_setup.htm

Select "without netplay home" and then "with a home automation controller"  and the "Android platform setup instructions"

The full instructions are also in the documentation tab of our C4 driver (which is here http://www.video-storm.com/Downloads/mediaplayer_android_irusb.c4z )

30 minutes ago, videostorm said:

http://www.video-storm.com/Downloads/irusb_setup.htm

Select "without netplay home" and then "with a home automation controller"  and the "Android platform setup instructions"

The full instructions are also in the documentation tab of our C4 driver (which is here http://www.video-storm.com/Downloads/mediaplayer_android_irusb.c4z )

what if you are using Netplay Pro and not Netplay home?  Netplay pro is not an option on your site.

NetPlay Pro uses the same instructions as NetPlay Home.  VRX040 can use IRUSB in the same manner as Fire TVs or Shields  (except the IRUSB app is pre-installed on VRX040).  

NetPlay Pro and NetPlay Home components are fully interchangeable / compatible in a NetPlay system.

1 hour ago, videostorm said:

NetPlay Pro uses the same instructions as NetPlay Home.  VRX040 can use IRUSB in the same manner as Fire TVs or Shields  (except the IRUSB app is pre-installed on VRX040).  

NetPlay Pro and NetPlay Home components are fully interchangeable / compatible in a NetPlay system.

Thanks

i have an older system with vrx010 and vrx 020 and need to find an updated solution for my fire stick 

Could I ask a really dumb questions. I *really* want to get some of these for my home install have four shields.

What puts me off is I am never 100% sure which item to buy.

Just a IRUSB
IRUSB with Net Play Home
IRUSB with Net Play Pro

I really like the features of a video wall as I could integrate my camera streams, weather etc all on one screen.

Would really appreciate the guidence.

Here is a quick summary to help you decide:

A:  You just want full C4 control of all your shields, including app launching and fast menus / GUI.   ==> Get IRUSB for each shield        (also gives you IR control of your TV)

B:  You want (A), but you also want our SplashTiles feature, Tiling, PIP,  and maybe also the ability to stream a centralized cable box or two to all your Shields  ==> Get NetPlay Home and IRUSB

The NetPlay Home link above goes to our online estimator that will tell you exactly what you need.  All the C4 drivers are free.

NetPlay Pro is designed for commercial installs (Sports bars, etc).

You can also call our sales team or send us an email for help.  Thanks!

Hi VideoStorm,

Purchased 2 IRUSBs and installed them on my FireTV Cube and Nvidia Shield using your free C4 driver and I gotta say I love it.  Great job.  

Here is my question.  I am using the Android Device App Switcher in C4 Composer to go between Youtube, Netflix, etx.  On the SR-250 or SR-260 those Mini Apps stay selected and you do not have control of the device (FireTV or Shield)  you would then have to switch back to them on your SR remotes to control them.  For me its not big deal but for users it might be.  Am I missing something or is this expected behavior?

49 minutes ago, duker741 said:

Hi VideoStorm,

Purchased 2 IRUSBs and installed them on my FireTV Cube and Nvidia Shield using your free C4 driver and I gotta say I love it.  Great job.  

Here is my question.  I am using the Android Device App Switcher in C4 Composer to go between Youtube, Netflix, etx.  On the SR-250 or SR-260 those Mini Apps stay selected and you do not have control of the device (FireTV or Shield)  you would then have to switch back to them on your SR remotes to control them.  For me its not big deal but for users it might be.  Am I missing something or is this expected behavior?

Yes, normally the device selected would revert to the main IRUSB driver  (Shield or Fire Cube) after selecting the mini drivers from the watch menu (so you have menu control).

Not sure why it isn't working in your case.  Please open a support ticket via our web site.  Include the LUA tab output from the IRUSB driver when selecting the mini drivers  (debug mode property must be set to PRINT)

25 minutes ago, videostorm said:

Yes, normally the device selected would revert to the main IRUSB driver  (Shield or Fire Cube) after selecting the mini drivers from the watch menu (so you have menu control).

Not sure why it isn't working in your case.  Please open a support ticket via our web site.  Include the LUA tab output from the IRUSB driver when selecting the mini drivers  (debug mode property must be set to PRINT)

Thanks Sent support request to support. 

I realize the website always has the most recent version on the download page, but there is nowhere that I can find (though I may be overlooking it) that states what the current version is. Is that something you could add to the file description on the download page? That way we'll know whether or not it's worth our time download it again.

Thank you,

Eric

On 11/24/2018 at 9:10 AM, icefloe01 said:

I realize the website always has the most recent version on the download page, but there is nowhere that I can find (though I may be overlooking it) that states what the current version is. Is that something you could add to the file description on the download page? That way we'll know whether or not it's worth our time download it again.

Thank you,

Eric

Yes, good idea.

21 hours ago, poisenoire said:

This may have been covered but I didn't see it - do the firetv mini drivers included in the IRusb driver zip work with the shield?  If not, has anyone created actual shield mini app drivers?

You can use the generic Amazon Fire TV mini drivers written by Control4.  They will work with either the Shield or FireTV.  Just be sure to set the property on the IRUSB driver to Google Android TV device for Shield.

The mini drivers on our web site were written for Fire TV.  You can use for Shield, but you need to edit them to replace the QLAUNCH commands with the ones appropriate for the Shield.  See 

for the commands.

I just installed your IRUSB driver for 3 new shields.  SO far it looks great!  How do I add mini drivers for DriectNow (I was able to side load this app from the Amazon fire store onto the shield) and TinyCam Pro?  I can seem to find a universal mini app driver I can modify.  Where is the custom mini app driver I see mentioned?  Where do I find the address for Directv Now?

THanks!

The mini drivers are on our website http://www.video-storm.com/Downloads/irusb_minidrivers.zip

The zip file has some instructions on how to customize these (which you will need to do for shield).

You can find the QLAUNCH urls you need on the NetPlay Compatible list I posted two posts back.

For any app you can't find already listed, you can get the URLs using adb logcat.  We have some instructions here in the IRUSB FAQ

Thanks!

Can anyone help me find the URL for the following apps on the NVIDIA Shield.  I tried figuring out logcat etc but dont own an android phone and cant't find basic instructions.

1) HDHomerun (the existing url no longer is launching)

2) TinyCam (the one listed previously in the forum is broken)

3) DirectTV Now (this is the Amazon FireTV version sideloaded on the NVIDIA Shield)

Just adding to this thread, and may be nothing, but on my fire tv 4k sticks all of them stopped working with the universal mini apps last night (except for the Amazon prime mini app which is essentially HOME button).  My gen 2 devices still work.

Mini apps I tested / broken are Netflix universal and Plex universal.

Shield still seems to work ok.

Haven't had time to look into it but wondering if they rolled out an update again.  Just FYI in case anyone else has some trouble

On 11/27/2018 at 9:37 AM, videostorm said:

You can use the generic Amazon Fire TV mini drivers written by Control4.  They will work with either the Shield or FireTV.  Just be sure to set the property on the IRUSB driver to Google Android TV device for Shield.

For the property, are you talking about the "App Types" property, and it needs to be set to "Google Play TV"?

Also, how do you create connections to the Android Device App Switcher from the Universal Control4 Mini Drivers?  From what I can see, they're all showing a connection type of RF_AMAZON_FIRE_APP.  If I look at the Amazon Fire driver, the connection types there are RF_MINI_APP.  The Control4 Mini Drivers all look to have connection types of RF_MINI_APP.  It looks like fire devices use the Control4 Universal Mini Drivers?

On 11/27/2018 at 9:37 AM, videostorm said:

The mini drivers on our web site were written for Fire TV.  You can use for Shield, but you need to edit them to replace the QLAUNCH commands with the ones appropriate for the Shield.  See 

for the commands.

What's confusing me is the comment made that says you can use the generic Amazon Fire TV drivers created by Control4. Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but I was reading this to mean the Universal drivers. If that's not the case, which drivers are commonly referred to as the Amazon Fire TV drivers?

3 hours ago, msgreenf said:

You don't. They don't use the same mini drivers

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I probably just added the wrong drivers. They obviously won't allow connections because of the category differences that I described in my previous post. 

3 hours ago, msgreenf said:

9 minutes ago, dw886 said:

What's confusing me is the comment made that says you can use the generic Amazon Fire TV drivers created by Control4. Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but I was reading this to mean the Universal drivers. If that's not the case, which drivers are commonly referred to as the Amazon Fire TV drivers?

I probably just added the wrong drivers. They obviously won't allow connections because of the category differences that I described in my previous post. 

I'm trying to figure this out as well.  I think he is referring to the older deprecated FireTV drivers that are no longer in the C4 database.  The newer universal are not compatible is my understanding.  Does anyone have a copy of the older drivers?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.