Jump to content
videostorm

C4 driver for nVidia Shield

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, dw886 said:

I can't get the WatchESPN Universal Mini-driver to launch the app.  All of the other supported Universal Mini Drivers (Disney, Netflix, Plex, Amazon Prime Video, etc) seem to work.  What's the best way to approach troubleshooting why the WatchESPN app won't launch?  Connections are present, and the app is installed on the Shield.  Hitting the WatchESPN app changes the source to the nVidia Shield, the only thing is that the app doesn't launch.

Looks like a name mismatch.  Try pasting the following in your driver LUA tab:

urltableaf["WatchESPN"] = urltableaf["ESPN"]; 
urltablegp["WatchESPN"] = urltablegp["ESPN"]; 

If that fixes it, we can add this to the next driver rev.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, videostorm said:

Looks like a name mismatch.  Try pasting the following in your driver LUA tab:

urltableaf["WatchESPN"] = urltableaf["ESPN"]; 
urltablegp["WatchESPN"] = urltablegp["ESPN"]; 

If that fixes it, we can add this to the next driver rev.

I ran these and that seems like it did the trick - thanks!  Is there supposed to be any confirmation after running the command?

On this thread, it almost looks like it's possible to add custom qlaunch URLs to the driver via the LUA:

 

Is it possible to add new links into the driver by doing something like this, so that I can simply wire up the Universal MiniDrivers for the apps that aren't in the IRUSB driver?

urltablegp["MoviesAnywhere"]="QLAUNCH android-app://com.moviesanywhere.goo#Intent;component=com.moviesanywhere.goo/com.disney.brooklyn.tv.ui.main.TVMainActivity;end\r";

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, videostorm said:

Yes, you can add new commands this way.  However, they are not saved if your controller reboots.  That is why it is better to put them in a customized mini driver.

One more that doesn't work: Disney.  I have both the Disney Channel and Disney Junior universal mini drivers installed, and connected both of them to my shield (even though the only Android TV App is for Disney Channel, which I have installed).  Neither works when connected to the shield in composer.

 

Also, just in case this is useful for anyone else, here's the QLAUNCH commands for some of what I'd consider the more common apps in the US:

HBOGo:  QLAUNCH android-app://com.hbo.go#Intent;component=com.hbo.go/.LaunchActivity;end

Movies Anywhere: QLAUNCH android-app://com.moviesanywhere.goo#Intent;component=com.moviesanywhere.goo/com.disney.brooklyn.tv.ui.signin.TVSignInActivity;end

NFL: QLAUNCH android-app://com.gotv.nflgamecenter.us.lite#Intent;component=com.gotv.nflgamecenter.us.lite/tv.youi.viper.ViperBootActivity;end

NFL Sunday Ticket: QLAUNCH android-app://com.directv.sundayticket#Intent;component=com.directv.sundayticket/.view.ui.activity.SplashActivity;end

VUDU: QLAUNCH android-app://air.com.vudu.air.DownloaderTablet#Intent;component=air.com.vudu.air.DownloaderTablet/.TvMainActivity;end

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, videostorm said:

Yes, you can add new commands this way.  However, they are not saved if your controller reboots.  That is why it is better to put them in a customized mini driver.

One other thing that I've noted, is that I keep getting this in the Lua Output on the IRUSB driver:

[string "Lua Code"]:747: attempt to compare number with nil (ReceivedFromNetwork)
[string "Lua Code"]:747: attempt to compare number with nil (ReceivedFromNetwork)
[string "Lua Code"]:747: attempt to compare number with nil (ReceivedFromNetwork)
[string "Lua Code"]:747: attempt to compare number with nil (ReceivedFromNetwork)
[string "Lua Code"]:747: attempt to compare number with nil (ReceivedFromNetwork)
[string "Lua Code"]:747: attempt to compare number with nil (ReceivedFromNetwork)
[string "Lua Code"]:747: attempt to compare number with nil (ReceivedFromNetwork)
[string "Lua Code"]:747: attempt to compare number with nil (ReceivedFromNetwork)
[string "Lua Code"]:747: attempt to compare number with nil (ReceivedFromNetwork)
[string "Lua Code"]:747: attempt to compare number with nil (ReceivedFromNetwork)
[string "Lua Code"]:747: attempt to compare number with nil (ReceivedFromNetwork)
[string "Lua Code"]:747: attempt to compare number with nil (ReceivedFromNetwork)

 

It happens over and over.  I have my Shield on a Matrix, and after selecting a source that would change my video matrix to the Shield, I can see that my matrix then keeps going back to the shield indefinitely (like it's stuck in a loop).  I can manually change it to Input 1, and after a few seconds, it'll go back to Input 5 where my Shield is...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/15/2018 at 6:04 PM, dw886 said:

One more that doesn't work: Disney.  I have both the Disney Channel and Disney Junior universal mini drivers installed, and connected both of them to my shield (even though the only Android TV App is for Disney Channel, which I have installed).  Neither works when connected to the shield in composer.

 

Also, just in case this is useful for anyone else, here's the QLAUNCH commands for some of what I'd consider the more common apps in the US:

HBOGo:  QLAUNCH android-app://com.hbo.go#Intent;component=com.hbo.go/.LaunchActivity;end

Movies Anywhere: QLAUNCH android-app://com.moviesanywhere.goo#Intent;component=com.moviesanywhere.goo/com.disney.brooklyn.tv.ui.signin.TVSignInActivity;end

NFL: QLAUNCH android-app://com.gotv.nflgamecenter.us.lite#Intent;component=com.gotv.nflgamecenter.us.lite/tv.youi.viper.ViperBootActivity;end

NFL Sunday Ticket: QLAUNCH android-app://com.directv.sundayticket#Intent;component=com.directv.sundayticket/.view.ui.activity.SplashActivity;end

VUDU: QLAUNCH android-app://air.com.vudu.air.DownloaderTablet#Intent;component=air.com.vudu.air.DownloaderTablet/.TvMainActivity;end

Disney has moved to the new "Disney Now" app.  Please use the Disney Now universal driver from our irusb_minidrivers.zip on our web site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/15/2018 at 8:41 PM, dw886 said:

One other thing that I've noted, is that I keep getting this in the Lua Output on the IRUSB driver:

[string "Lua Code"]:747: attempt to compare number with nil (ReceivedFromNetwork)
[string "Lua Code"]:747: attempt to compare number with nil (ReceivedFromNetwork)
[string "Lua Code"]:747: attempt to compare number with nil (ReceivedFromNetwork)
[string "Lua Code"]:747: attempt to compare number with nil (ReceivedFromNetwork)
[string "Lua Code"]:747: attempt to compare number with nil (ReceivedFromNetwork)
[string "Lua Code"]:747: attempt to compare number with nil (ReceivedFromNetwork)
[string "Lua Code"]:747: attempt to compare number with nil (ReceivedFromNetwork)
[string "Lua Code"]:747: attempt to compare number with nil (ReceivedFromNetwork)
[string "Lua Code"]:747: attempt to compare number with nil (ReceivedFromNetwork)
[string "Lua Code"]:747: attempt to compare number with nil (ReceivedFromNetwork)
[string "Lua Code"]:747: attempt to compare number with nil (ReceivedFromNetwork)
[string "Lua Code"]:747: attempt to compare number with nil (ReceivedFromNetwork)

 

It happens over and over.  I have my Shield on a Matrix, and after selecting a source that would change my video matrix to the Shield, I can see that my matrix then keeps going back to the shield indefinitely (like it's stuck in a loop).  I can manually change it to Input 1, and after a few seconds, it'll go back to Input 5 where my Shield is...

Set your driver property "Debug mode" to print, then copy the LUA output tab when the matrix switching thing happens.  Then file a ticket at https://netplay.freshdesk.com

The LUA error above happens if you don't have the latest IRUSB app installed on the shield.  Please check.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, videostorm said:

Set your driver property "Debug mode" to print, then copy the LUA output tab when the matrix switching thing happens.  Then file a ticket at https://netplay.freshdesk.com

The LUA error above happens if you don't have the latest IRUSB app installed on the shield.  Please check.

IRUSB app version is V1.6.

 

Here's what it's showing with debugging enabled:

Timer Expired.  ID:  386
Send RS232 command (QGETPLAY
QGETPLAY
OK
0
[string "Lua Code"]:747: attempt to compare number with nil (ReceivedFromNetwork)
Timer Expired.  ID:  386
Send RS232 command (QGETPLAY
QGETPLAY
OK
0
[string "Lua Code"]:747: attempt to compare number with nil (ReceivedFromNetwork)
Timer Expired.  ID:  386
Send RS232 command (QGETPLAY
QGETPLAY
OK
0

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PapaSmurf74 said:

Please add the ability to send the home command when pressing the menu key.  This specifically applies to Shield TV.  Thanks for an awesome product!

Yea to me this a big thing missing currently Is how to go home using the c4 remote when using irusb and Kodi full driver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, icefloe01 said:

The Guide button takes you to the Home screen.

No it doesnt... it takes you to some TV app on the shield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ilushka85 said:

No it doesnt... it takes you to some TV app on the shield.

Strange. On mine it takes me back to the Home screen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PapaSmurf74 said:

The Guide button is configurable to either go to guide or home.  All I'm asking for is the menu button to be configurable as well.

While it is configurable it always causes the TV guide to open on shield when using the kodi full driver from @alanchow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello!

First off, thanks for what sounds like something awesome for control4 integration. 

Forgive my ignorance here, I'm just trying to understand everything before I order my 2 pieces. 

First, I have two shields, 1 pro and 1 not, and I have two control4 controllers. That I want to use to control those Shields. The apps I use on Shield are primarily Netflix and Plex. 

Which product do I need? The one the one with NetPlay or no? What about the NBX022 do I need this? 

What about on the Control4 end? I haven't talked to my dealer since they setup the original control4 system several years ago, is this something they will be able to do without an issue? 

 

My big thing is I just want to be able to use my Control4 controller without having to use my shield controller. I want the control4 controller to do pretty much everything, as far as navigating shield, pause, play etc etc. 

 

Thanks so much for your assistance!

-Chase 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hello!
First off, thanks for what sounds like something awesome for control4 integration. 
Forgive my ignorance here, I'm just trying to understand everything before I order my 2 pieces. 
First, I have two shields, 1 pro and 1 not, and I have two control4 controllers. That I want to use to control those Shields. The apps I use on Shield are primarily Netflix and Plex. 
Which product do I need? The one the one with NetPlay or no? What about the NBX022 do I need this? 
What about on the Control4 end? I haven't talked to my dealer since they setup the original control4 system several years ago, is this something they will be able to do without an issue? 
 
My big thing is I just want to be able to use my Control4 controller without having to use my shield controller. I want the control4 controller to do pretty much everything, as far as navigating shield, pause, play etc etc. 
 
Thanks so much for your assistance!
-Chase 


All you need are 2x IRUSB devices. One for each shield (or whatever android tv box you have).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2019 at 3:39 PM, Ilushka85 said:

While it is configurable it always causes the TV guide to open on shield when using the kodi full driver from @alanchow

@alanchow any ideas on a fix for this in the kodi driver at it seems fine in the normal one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2019 at 6:12 PM, msgreenf said:

And if you need someone to setup the drivers I am happy to help

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
 

Just got them, sending you a pm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2019 at 6:12 PM, msgreenf said:

And if you need someone to setup the drivers I am happy to help

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
 

I got my IRUSBs in the other day, and msgreenf helped me out on getting these installed and working!! 

These are awesome to use, and if anyone needs someone to help get these setup and working he is your guy! Super friendly, and great pricing for the work! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2018 at 6:54 PM, videostorm said:

Not a stupid question.  We didn't add long press on the select (enter) key.  I will add this as one of the "color" button options in the next driver revision.

@videostorm, any ETA on this? 

Thanks! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...