C4 Forums | Control4

C4 driver for nVidia Shield

videostorm

Here ya go. Give these a try

your qlaunch for PBS kids didn't work on my up-to-date system so i changed it to:

QLAUNCH android-app://org.pbskids.video#Intent;component=org.pbskids.video/.splash.ui.SplashScreenActivity;end

You can always adjust to whatever you want on the Properties page in the System Design view of Composer

shield_pbs_kids.c4z shield_unifi_protect.c4z

5 hours ago, GregC said:

Here ya go. Give these a try

your qlaunch for PBS kids didn't work on my up-to-date system so i changed it to:

QLAUNCH android-app://org.pbskids.video#Intent;component=org.pbskids.video/.splash.ui.SplashScreenActivity;end

You can always adjust to whatever you want on the Properties page in the System Design view of Composer

shield_pbs_kids.c4z 413.71 kB · 2 downloads shield_unifi_protect.c4z 878.83 kB · 2 downloads

My dealer tried to install install these for my shield, but apparently they don't have the correct connection binding type, these are RF_AMAZON_FIRE_APP and not the RF_IRUSB_APP for the nvidia shield. 

11 hours ago, shupp872 said:

My dealer tried to install install these for my shield, but apparently they don't have the correct connection binding type, these are RF_AMAZON_FIRE_APP and not the RF_IRUSB_APP for the nvidia shield. 

Nevermind, I think i was able to go in an edit the xml to make the driver work.  Thank you!

Hello all,

We will have a new firmware version for IRUSB later this week.  Looking for some volunteers to try it out...

IRUSB firmware V225 should eliminate the current need for hard reboots when device OS updates happen.

With V225:

(existing) Hard boot:  IRUSB will auto launch and connect after 4 minutes

(new) Soft boot, OS update, any other disconnect:  IRUSB will auto launch and connect after 11 minutes

Just PM me if you want early access to this version.  Thanks!

29 minutes ago, videostorm said:

Hello all,

We will have a new firmware version for IRUSB later this week.  Looking for some volunteers to try it out...

IRUSB firmware V225 should eliminate the current need for hard reboots when device OS updates happen.

With V225:

(new) Soft boot, OS update, any other disconnect:  IRUSB will auto launch and connect after 11 minutes

I used to have issues with the Amazon Fire TV - every so often it would loose IRUSB connection and I'd have to manually launch the IRUSB app.  I had auto updates on the Fire TV turned off. After these issues I moved on but I kept the hardware.  Would this fix those issues?

23 minutes ago, eggzlot said:

I used to have issues with the Amazon Fire TV - every so often it would loose IRUSB connection and I'd have to manually launch the IRUSB app.  I had auto updates on the Fire TV turned off. After these issues I moved on but I kept the hardware.  Would this fix those issues?

Yes, it should. 

5 hours ago, videostorm said:

Hello all,

With V225:

I'm not familiar with how Android handles starting/running apps, but I'm curious if there is a way to load IRUSB either as a service or in the background without actually opening the app. That way the user doesn't have to exit the the interface to use the Shield.

2 hours ago, icefloe01 said:

I'm not familiar with how Android handles starting/running apps, but I'm curious if there is a way to load IRUSB either as a service or in the background without actually opening the app. That way the user doesn't have to exit the the interface to use the Shield.

IRUSB has to load an activity to the foreground (because of the USB permissions).  Other types of apps (such as NetPlayTV), can "silently" load.

It's a security "feature" of the OS.

10 hours ago, videostorm said:

Hello all,

With V225:

Does this mean it now takes longer for the Irusb to connect after a reboot?

9 hours ago, digitaltrader said:

Does this mean it now takes longer for the Irusb to connect after a reboot?

No, the time after a hard power cycle is the same (~4 minutes).  On some devices, a "reboot" is equivalent to a hard power cycle.  On other device (like the Fire sticks), a "reboot" it is more like a device reset.  On firmware 224 or lower, the later case would require you to manually pull the plug.  On 225, it should also automatically reconnect in the later case but takes about 11 minutes.

Just got a NEO remote to test. highly recommend.

anyway, there appears to be a bug in the Shield driver where clicking on the Shield does not bring back navigation.

I made a video to illustrate: https://photos.app.goo.gl/oG1GvZJ3C2gETCPs5

videostorm, if this is not a driver specific bug but rather a C4 bug please let me know and I'll send to them.

thanks!

18 minutes ago, GregC said:

Just got a NEO remote to test. highly recommend.

anyway, there appears to be a bug in the Shield driver where clicking on the Shield does not bring back navigation.

I made a video to illustrate: https://photos.app.goo.gl/oG1GvZJ3C2gETCPs5

videostorm, if this is not a driver specific bug but rather a C4 bug please let me know and I'll send to them.

thanks!

Can you send us the IRUSB driver lua log (set debug mode to print) of pressing the "shield" button?  

If nothing is added to the log when you press that button then it is definitely a C4 issue.  Otherwise we should be able to see in the log what is going on.

videostorm,

this entry just keeps repeating. There are no other entries when I press Shield on the remote

Timer Expired.  ID:  189654723

Send RS232 command (QGETPLAY

QGETPLAY

OK

LUA_ERROR [id: 1400][name: Universal Android Driver][file: mediaplayer_android_irusb.c4z][method: ReceivedFromNetwork]: [string "Lua Code"]:757: attempt to compare number with nil

5 minutes ago, GregC said:

videostorm,

this entry just keeps repeating. There are no other entries when I press Shield on the remote

That is the polling for play status.  The error isn't relevant.  Since there are no proxy commands when you are pressing that button, it must be a C4 issue.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.