C4 Forums | Control4

C4 driver for nVidia Shield

videostorm

4 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

I have done one. It works w Irusb. If you keep the IP the same it won't

Great. Thanks for the helpful Intel @msgreenf!

Reason I'm looking to replace my current Shield is to get Atmos support for Disney and Netflix. lt sounds like it's definitely coming to the 2019 version, but unclear if the 2017 version will get it. 

7 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

That is only part of it. For Android based devices it serves as an input device and mimicks a keyboard. So you would use the ir to control a 2nd device

That's what I was getting at. But it was also a two year old post because my phone jumped to wrong place and I didn't notice.

On 11/25/2019 at 11:38 AM, videostorm said:

IRUSB version 2.1.0 (with firmware V225) has been submitted and will go live later today on most devices.  You will have to run the firmware update inside the app to update your IRUSB hardware to V225 for the new functionality.

What I've noticed with the new version is if I'm already using the Shield for an activity, selecting a new activity takes me to a recently used menu instead of the app I've selected. I have to "Room Off" before selecting a new activity and have it function properly.

Ok. Regarding the idea of having Shield icons, I have tried the route of unzipping the c4z file, replacing all the png files and rezipping into a new file. I downloaded a 1024x1024 png icon and ran it through the C4 icon tool to generated the images. I then deleted the driver in the driver folder and copied in the new file with Shield icons. Then I deleted the driver from the project, rebooted the controller, added the new driver, made connections, refreshed navigators..., and I still have a generic cable box icon for the shield.  What have I done wrong?

Thank you,

Eric

experience_1024.png

On 12/7/2019 at 4:21 PM, icefloe01 said:

What I've noticed with the new version is if I'm already using the Shield for an activity, selecting a new activity takes me to a recently used menu instead of the app I've selected. I have to "Room Off" before selecting a new activity and have it function properly.

Are you using just IRUSB or IRUSB + netplay?  Which Shield?

On 12/7/2019 at 6:34 PM, icefloe01 said:

Ok. Regarding the idea of having Shield icons, I have tried the route of unzipping the c4z file, replacing all the png files and rezipping into a new file. I downloaded a 1024x1024 png icon and ran it through the C4 icon tool to generated the images. I then deleted the driver in the driver folder and copied in the new file with Shield icons. Then I deleted the driver from the project, rebooted the controller, added the new driver, made connections, refreshed navigators..., and I still have a generic cable box icon for the shield.  What have I done wrong?

Thank you,

Eric

experience_1024.png

Seems correct.  Check the file names in the driver XML file to make sure they are correct and have the correct paths.

5 hours ago, videostorm said:

Seems correct.  Check the file names in the driver XML file to make sure they are correct and have the correct paths.

I didn't change any of the text in the xml. That being said I did notice that all the icons in the original are Amazon icons but they never showed up anywhere either.

45 minutes ago, icefloe01 said:

I didn't change any of the text in the xml. That being said I did notice that all the icons in the original are Amazon icons but they never showed up anywhere either.

Might be a typo in the xml.  Where do you see the icons (on screen navigator, etc)?

5 hours ago, videostorm said:

Might be a typo in the xml.  Where do you see the icons (on screen navigator, etc)?

Ok, so I did some digging and figured out from the Apple TV IR driver that Jesse Smith made, that the icon locations listed in the xml have to match the driver filename.  So I changed mediaplay_ip_amazon_fire to mediaplayer_android_irusb and BOOM! I now have the Nvidia icons I chose to use both in the app and on the OSD. I was even able to get the logo to show in the identification window.  I included the rezipped file that I made for personal use as a Shield driver. The only changes I made were the icons, where they are located in the driver, corrections to location information in the xml, and correction to the information for "identify_image.gif"

mediaplayer_android_irusb.c4z

18 hours ago, Eric Stiff said:

Ok, so I did some digging and figured out from the Apple TV IR driver that Jesse Smith made, that the icon locations listed in the xml have to match the driver filename.  So I changed mediaplay_ip_amazon_fire to mediaplayer_android_irusb and BOOM! I now have the Nvidia icons I chose to use both in the app and on the OSD. I was even able to get the logo to show in the identification window.  I included the rezipped file that I made for personal use as a Shield driver. The only changes I made were the icons, where they are located in the driver, corrections to location information in the xml, and correction to the information for "identify_image.gif"

mediaplayer_android_irusb.c4z 267.89 kB · 0 downloads

Awesome :)  I'll fix the typo in our version also.

19 hours ago, Eric Stiff said:

mediaplayer_android_irusb.c4z 267.89 kB · 1 download

Thanks for the driver, man. It looks great on my phone.

On the Neeo remote the icon shows up fine under the Watch menu but not on the Home screen. Not sure why.

Thanks again for the driver!

10 minutes ago, The Good Guy said:

Thanks for the driver, man. It looks great on my phone.

On the Neeo remote the icon shows up fine under the Watch menu but not on the Home screen. Not sure why.

Thanks again for the driver!

Could you post a pic of the Neeo home screen?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.