videostorm

C4 driver for nVidia Shield

15 minutes ago, Pounce said:

Interesting. I actually think its due to your app somehow. This is a fresh out of the box 2019 Shield. Highly unlikely that the unit had issues. I'll reset it and reinstall.

Yeah, let me know.  Not sure how it could be the app but if it is reproducible we can probably find the cause. 

2 hours ago, videostorm said:

Yeah, let me know.  Not sure how it could be the app but if it is reproducible we can probably find the cause. 

Ok, I reset the shield then installed the app. I got this when I selected update firmware.

image.thumb.png.5257802cdf8cc15ddc87197a2d8103e4.png

1 hour ago, Pounce said:

Ok, I reset the shield then installed the app. I got this when I selected update firmware.

Thanks.  Was too busy to update mine but same messy font 

3 hours ago, Pounce said:

I've seen that same message on my 2019 Shield.

On 6/28/2020 at 2:30 PM, videostorm said:

Out of curiosity, what would you use? 

What about a screen that says something instructional for the non techie? Family members have powered on to find this screen after an unplanned reboot, and had no idea what to do. Maybe something like "Irusb successfully launched to control your Nvidia Shield. Press the Menu button to go back to the Shield home screen."

11 minutes ago, elee532 said:

What about a screen that says something instructional for the non techie? Family members have powered on to find this screen after an unplanned reboot, and had no idea what to do. Maybe something like "Irusb successfully launched to control your Nvidia Shield. Press the Menu button to go back to the Shield home screen."

I'm doing custom programming along with a contact sensor through one of the relays on mine to detect a loss of power. It checks the relay state once a day in the early AM and also when the project loads at controller boot up. When it determines power has been lost because the really is now open, there is a 15 minute delay to make sure everything is booted and settled, a cancel command is sent, then a home command, then a sleep command.

Just now, Eric Stiff said:

I'm doing custom programming along with a contact sensor through one of the relays on mine to detect a loss of power. It checks the relay state once a day in the early AM and also when the project loads at controller boot up. When it determines power has been lost because the really is now open, there is a 15 minute delay to make sure everything is booted and settled, a cancel command is sent, then a home command, then a sleep command.

This is also why I wish the Sleep state was a checkable status on the Shield. Currently Power On or Power Off are the only states listed and when it's "sleeping" it still registers as "On." This may be a limitation of Android itself and something @videostorm doesn't have any ability to work with.