C4 Forums | Control4

C4 driver for nVidia Shield

videostorm

9 hours ago, drmark12pa said:

If the NVIDIA Shield is rebooted, will the IRUSB automatically restart the downloaded Videostorm application to regain control or must a user use the original remote to restart the application?

It will restart automatically approximately 3-5 minutes after the boot completes when the shield is power cycled.

I contacted my dealer to update to 1.6 and he said the updated driver through Videostorm costs $75?  Is that correct?  I thought purchasing the IRUSB (2 of them) would include the correct driver.
If you already purchased the IrUSB, the only other charge should be what the dealer will charge to come out and update your system.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, icefloe01 said:

If you already purchased the IrUSB, the only other charge should be what the dealer will charge to come out and update your system.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

What is the link to download the 1.6 driver?  Perhaps I can direct my dealer to that link or download it so he can place it into project.

32 minutes ago, drmark12pa said:

I contacted my dealer to update to 1.6 and he said the updated driver through Videostorm costs $75?  Is that correct?  I thought purchasing the IRUSB (2 of them) would include the correct driver.

He is probably advising you of the cost of our driver which offers some unique features such as the ability to automatically turn the system on and off based on detection of audio.  This is used for things like automating system on via casting youtube, netflix and other content from either your mobile phone/tablet or by using voice commands from Google Home.

https://www.drivercentral.io/platforms/control4-drivers/videostorm-irusb-nvidia-shield-amazon-fire-tv-driver-for-control4-chowmain/

My programmer just installed the latest @videostorm driver and mini drivers to control my Shield. None of the apps launch however. No matter which mini driver app I choose, they all take me to Shield home screen. I’ve tried Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, and YouTube.

Any advice?

Thanks!!

p.s. On another note, any chance of getting a mini driver for HD HomeRun app?

1 hour ago, elee532 said:

My programmer just installed the latest @videostorm driver and mini drivers to control my Shield. None of the apps launch however. No matter which mini driver app I choose, they all take me to Shield home screen. I’ve tried Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, and YouTube.

Any advice?

Thanks!!

p.s. On another note, any chance of getting a mini driver for HD HomeRun app?

we added HDHomeRun yesterday to our driver as a mini app when we did the major update.

I have to say the IRUSB is amazing now that I've got the updated 1.6 driver.  I haven't had this much fast response time and control over an XBMC/KODI box until now.  I have the NVIDIA Shield and the IRUSB works amazingly well for everything so far with fantastic response.  Just had to put that review out there for anyone considering purchase.

Hi all,

Which is the best configuration of drivers to get this capability:

I want to be able to add my own custom channels to be displayed in the 'Watch' menu and have them change when I pick them.

I have the irUSB setup properly with the 1.6 driver.  For some custom channels, like 'Cooking Channel' I can get it to execute when the proper command is tied to a remote buttonon the SR-250 but I can't get it to change from when the viewer selects it from the watch menu.

Thanks in advance,

RussellB

...I can get it to execute when the proper command is tied to a remote buttonon the SR-250 but I can't get it to change from when the viewer selects it from the watch menu.

I am experiencing the same thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think the solution you are looking for is using the "Custom App X" properties on the driver.

Put your QLAUNCH command in the "Custom App X" properties, then on the mini driver you create use the same "Custom App X" value for "APP_ID" variable on that driver.  (X is 1-4)

The mini drivers work by matching the APP_ID variable name on the selected mini driver to either a "Custom App X" or one of the KEYs in the urltableaf table (for amazon devices) or the urltablegp table (google play linked devices).

urltableaf["Kodi"] =  "QLAUNCH android-app://org.xbmc.kodi#Intent;component=org.xbmc.kodi/.Splash;end\r"

The APP_ID to launch this is "Kodi".

Ok, here's my setup.  Using ADB logcat I got the application and component name for 'Food Network'.  For 'Custom App 2' in the driver setup I have:

QLAUNCH android-app://tv.accedo.foodnetwork#Intent;component=tv.accedo.foodnetwork/com.snidigital.androidtv.ui.splash.SplashActivity;end

Attaching 'Custom App 2' to the Green button starts Food Network from the SR-250.

I modified the food network driver to have 'Custom App 2' as the name and the ID.  I connected it to 'App 9' in the Connections for the Switcher.

From 'Watch' on the Navigator when I select it, it switches to the Fire TV, but doesn't start the app.

I have Plex and Kodi and a few others working.  Now I'm just wrapped in the mystery as to what I'm doing wrong.

I attached the driver.

Russell

amazonfire_foodnetwork.c4z

recently upgraded both @alanchow's driver and @videostorm's driver and love the improvements. 

one weird thing that's going on is, on Alan's driver, anytime i un-pause or start a show, c4 seems to think i'm "re-loading" the room and sets discreet volume on my amp accordingly. using a denon amp control over IP. any ideas on if this is intended? 

1 hour ago, RussellB said:

Ok, here's my setup.  Using ADB logcat I got the application and component name for 'Food Network'.  For 'Custom App 2' in the driver setup I have:

QLAUNCH android-app://tv.accedo.foodnetwork#Intent;component=tv.accedo.foodnetwork/com.snidigital.androidtv.ui.splash.SplashActivity;end

Attaching 'Custom App 2' to the Green button starts Food Network from the SR-250.

I modified the food network driver to have 'Custom App 2' as the name and the ID.  I connected it to 'App 9' in the Connections for the Switcher.

From 'Watch' on the Navigator when I select it, it switches to the Fire TV, but doesn't start the app.

I have Plex and Kodi and a few others working.  Now I'm just wrapped in the mystery as to what I'm doing wrong.

I attached the driver.

Russell

amazonfire_foodnetwork.c4z

Could you set the driver to "debug mode" = print, then select the mini driver, and paste the lua log output back here?  It should log what APP_ID it is trying to load.

37 minutes ago, RussellB said:

Attached.  Looks like it's trying 'Custom App 2'.

lua.log

Looks like you have it correct.  There was an issue in the driver.  Try version 1.7 (on our site now).  It first checks for a package name match, but if not found will search for a key name match or "Custom App X" match.

Awesome.

I'm not back home until Thursday so I'll test it then.

Would it be easier for your driver to not hard-code anything and modify the mini-apps to store the program and component name and pass those in to your driver at run-time.?

I mentioned I modified the original driver to support 50 connections.  That was to 'wife-ify' the user interface.  It's easier for her to hit a button from the Navigator that says 'Food Network' and have it go right to it instead of having to go into the Fire TV UI and hunt for it if it wasn't a recent application. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.