C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 Intercom Anywhere App

nevets23

Any word on the release date of the intercom app? I understand the need to beta test it, but at least put a general timeline/deadline on the release date. Otherwise, why even announce it yet? It's like C4 announced "hey we got this great new addition to our system!" even though they have no idea when it will be ready/released. I'm happy it was announced, but good god, can we get some sort of timeline, update, etc? All radios have been silent since the initial announcement back in the beginning of September!

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, nevets23 said:

Any word on the release date of the intercom app? I understand the need to beta test it, but at least put a general timeline/deadline on the release date. Otherwise, why even announce it yet? It's like C4 announced "hey we got this great new addition to our system!" even though they have no idea when it will be ready/released. I'm happy it was announced, but good god, can we get some sort of timeline, update, etc? All radios have been silent since the initial announcement back in the beginning of September!

and when C4 doesn't pre-announce things everyone complains...there is no winning with pre-announcing...

• 2 weeks later...

I paid for a license for the original intercom "app" (ie function) years ago on the older generation TS's (it was just audio??) and paid top dollar for the TS's and I'm still using them here without intercom because (it escapes me why now)  the licenses don't work anymore, or something happened with an upgrade or whatever - suffice to say they can sod off if they think I will be spending one cent more on new screens or apps unless they prove to me it will work seamless, and reliably AND any license required is for keeps #oncebittentwiceshy :) 

I paid for a license for the original intercom "app" (ie function) years ago on the older generation TS's (it was just audio) and paid top dollar for the TS's and I'm still using them here without intercom because (it escapes me why now)  the licenses doesn't work anymore, or something happened with an upgrade or whatever suffice to say they can sod off if they think I will be spending on cent more on new screens or apps unless they prove to me it will work AND any license required is for keeps #onebittentwiceshy  
They changed the whole license model. The license is now included with the controller. Remember that change everyone complained about about?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

They changed the whole license model. The license is now included with the controller. Remember that change everyone complained about about?

Don't really remember what happened point I'm making is as a consumer I just want sh!t to work from day one with zero fuss and never have to think about it ever again particularly if the combined spend is like 5K (for intercom)...which it was back then using the two TS's and the license as I recall.. 

Don't really remember what happened point I'm making is as a consumer I just want sh!t to work from day one with zero fuss and never have to think about it ever again particularly if the combined spend is like 5K (for intercom)...which it was back then using the two TS's and the license as I recall.. 
And that's why control4 is doing a dealer beta. So it just works for consumers.

Wap I have to say it but you just seem permanently angry at the world

4 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

And that's why control4 is doing a dealer beta. So it just works for consumers.

Wap I have to say it but you just seem permanently angry at the world

No I am at peace with the world but that really gave me the sh!ts I mean wouldn't it give you the sh!ts? You pay 5K expecting intercom then the game gets changed on you? So  let em take as long as they like - just get it to work this time and I pay just once, and upgrade my two TS and I'll be sweet, they will get more money and all will be sweet but no more BS from this outfit so they can take their time to get it right this time for all I care happy to wait and put up with sub par TS speeds on the old gear until they do  thanks

No I am at peace with the world but that really gave me the sh!ts I mean wouldn't it give you the sh!ts? You pay 5K expecting intercom then the game gets changed on you? So  let em take as long as they like - just get it to work this time and I pay just once, and upgrade my two TS and I'll be sweet, they will get more money and all will be sweet but no more BS from this outfit so they can take their time to get it right this time for all I care happy to wait and put up with sub par TS speeds on the old gear until they do  thanks
I have no idea yours system so I can't effectively interpret that post

18 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

I have no idea yours system so I can't effectively interpret that post

I can't remember the precise models but you know the ones.. they were both said to be "intercom compatible" at the time - about 4-5 years old now when the apps were flash, both "portable" - a bit smaller than the original ipad - one is screwed into a base station and is wired ethernet the other is on wifi and portable (lifts out of the base station) wifi is ubiquity with n speeds - gigabit network with 40-60 mb/sec downloads from the net, I have an HC800 as primary controller running 2.9.1. Thanks for your help!  

6 hours ago, ERDrPC said:

My dealer tried to get in on the beta. He was told by his rep that it was done. The rep told him that this means it is done/ready or it failed so badly that they are starting over. He wouldn't hint which one was the case.

I must say that this is something that I am really looking forward to... so hope it was not am Epic Fail... That said, if it was an Epic Fail, I’d rather C4 officially communicate a delay!

Maybe after the farce of 2.10 and more bugs than rotten meat they are thinking about 2.11 or the share price more than

the customer base. 

I have put my purchase of DS2 on hold until someone tell me it works and the app is coming. 

The cost of all these upgrades hit £90 today not happy and why some many bugs ?

Yes Apple have bugs on there software, but I do not have to pay for some to upgrade my phone 

3 minutes ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

Maybe after the farce of 2.10 and more bugs than rotten meat they are thinking about 2.11 or the share price more than

the customer base. 

I have put my purchase of DS2 on hold until someone tell me it works and the app is coming. 

The cost of all these upgrades hit £90 today not happy and why some many bugs ?

Yes Apple have bugs on there software, but I do not have to pay for some to upgrade my phone 

I will definitely be waiting to upgrade at 2.11 now on that advice because I totally trust your opinion and experience on such matters thanks for that Gazza ol sport :) 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived