C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 Intercom Anywhere App

nevets23

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, thegreatheed said:

Who told you otherwise? Control4 certainly hasn't announced anything else. Just because you didn't hear that announcement doesn't mean that it didn't happen.

Out of curiosity, what outcome do you want from this exchange? I'm not trying to argue at all. I'm just being factual. I read and I am putting together several upgrades to a system I am purchasing as part of a house purchase. Video intercom is one of the features I am trying to solve.

34 minutes ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

I just think some people get a bit over protective and instead of just saying Oh we made a mistake they blame the 

person for pointing it out and trying to get it amended. 

I tried 

Pretty much.

Let me sum up the issue from my perspective as a person that is not a dealer:

In order to figure out what Control4 can do for me and which products I need to augment an installation I have to read the manuals and materials. The website is pretty light on details. Since I like technical documents and know the "devil is in the details" I typically read the manuals after reading marketing materials. In this case I did read the manuals and as such had a reasonable belief of the functionality.

When I find that what's in the manuals of products does not match what is in the products I start to mistrust the documents and the company.  One needs to be able to generally trust the documents for general feature implementation. 

I'm not bent out of shape over this, but I now know I have to spend more of my time validating that the information I am getting from the company is actually correct in the key functionality I am trying to implement. Not happy about it and I think it reduces my satisfaction with the company. I have to read through long rambling threads to get the value... heh. Made you look.

I'm a software architect in a corp environment. When I buy software I can tell you that every single vendor is SUPER careful about talking about features that have not been implemented. They know they can get into trouble. Control4 is probably a little more insulated since dealers tend to be the source of information for end users.

1 hour ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

I just think some people get a bit over protective and instead of just saying Oh we made a mistake they blame the 

person for pointing it out and trying to get it amended. 

I tried 

Yeah, but, by your own admission, you leveraged a cheap touch screen out of the situation.

This is hardly just "trying to get it amended". You're trying to gain from it.

No i was offered a a Cheap Touch Screen for the information I was given was incorrect. 

I spend good money with my Dealer he was sorry about the information he give me.

That is was you call customer service

The remote dealers I have delta with on this site can not say I under pay. 

5 hours ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

No i was offered a a Cheap Touch Screen for the information I was given was incorrect. 

I spend good money with my Dealer he was sorry about the information he give me.

That is was you call customer service

The remote dealers I have delta with on this site can not say I under pay. 

And it points out where the actual ERROR was - with your dealer.

11 hours ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

Yes agree, however the PDF is still wrong 

Nope. Wrong would be factually inaccurate. I see like zero detail in that PDF on the app, so nothing is factually inaccurate.

"Forward-looking" is the worst I would consider it.

5 minutes ago, dinom said:

Also each PDF linked to in this thread has this in the disclaimer:  "All specifications subject to change without notice."

So that pretty much covers it.

like any public company...

45 minutes ago, dinom said:

Also each PDF linked to in this thread has this in the disclaimer:  "All specifications subject to change without notice."

So that pretty much covers it.

Sorry, but that doesn't meet the requirements of safe harbor rules.

Come on people.  Let's not get @Gary Leeds UK wound up again.  I had him calmed down for a moment yesterday.  Let's not start world war control4 over this.  We all know the reality of the current situation.  Our complaining or arguing isn't going to speed things up.  Personally, I'd rather wait for a rock solid app then settle for something with a lot of bugs...

6 minutes ago, dcovach said:

Come on people.  Let's not get @Gary Leeds UK wound up again.  I had him calmed down for a moment yesterday.  Let's not start world war control4 over this.  We all know the reality of the current situation.  Our complaining or arguing isn't going to speed things up.  Personally, I'd rather wait for a rock solid app then settle for something with a lot of bugs...

Agreed. It makes little sense to defend the obvious documentation confusion. Lets not be fanboi about it.

13 minutes ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

Its coming soon -The Tech Guy at my dealer (Sam) was on training yesterday for the App - When I called to speak to him. 

Will call tomorrow to see if he is back ??

Let’s hope it’s out soon then :D

1 hour ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

Its coming soon -The Tech Guy at my dealer (Sam) was on training yesterday for the App - When I called to speak to him. 

Will call tomorrow to see if he is back ??

:D That's funny as hell. Thanks for the laugh

i've read a few of the pages of this thread, and cant see that anyone has yet pointed out the alternative to waiting for the app - use a 3rd party service!

if you already have a DS2, its possible to configure the 2nd SIP account to use a cloud pbx service so it calls your mobile, if that service supports video you will get full functionality, if its voice only then you can either accept that and use your cctv app to validate the call before opening the door. If you prefer you could put a basic IP PBX on site instead of a cloud service.

alternatively, as the DS2 is a rebadge of the 2N Verso (and the Mini is a Solo), you can use 2N's own video service, which is a couple of euro/dollar per month, so you can have maybe 3 devices on the system before it costs the same as the foresight licence is going to cost anyway to be able to use the app.

or, if you've not yet bought the DS2, just buy the 2N version then you get loads more options (touch keypad, touchscreen, fingerprint reader, rfid, bluetooth reader, extra buttons, etc) and implement the driver so you can call into the C4 controller same as a DS2 does, and use any of the above services if you want off site calls.

we've been integrating like this for our C4 installers long before the DS2 was even in development

58 minutes ago, mcfod said:

i've read a few of the pages of this thread, and cant see that anyone has yet pointed out the alternative to waiting for the app - use a 3rd party service!

if you already have a DS2, its possible to configure the 2nd SIP account to use a cloud pbx service so it calls your mobile, if that service supports video you will get full functionality, if its voice only then you can either accept that and use your cctv app to validate the call before opening the door. If you prefer you could put a basic IP PBX on site instead of a cloud service.

alternatively, as the DS2 is a rebadge of the 2N Verso (and the Mini is a Solo), you can use 2N's own video service, which is a couple of euro/dollar per month, so you can have maybe 3 devices on the system before it costs the same as the foresight licence is going to cost anyway to be able to use the app.

or, if you've not yet bought the DS2, just buy the 2N version then you get loads more options (touch keypad, touchscreen, fingerprint reader, rfid, bluetooth reader, extra buttons, etc) and implement the driver so you can call into the C4 controller same as a DS2 does, and use any of the above services if you want off site calls.

we've been integrating like this for our C4 installers long before the DS2 was even in development

Do you have experience with the 2n video kit?

Latest Gossip - 
The first App had to be scrapped due to issues and a New App Created. 
This App is still in Beta and has a couple of issues which need to be sorted.
The release date is not known 
Hopefully the above will Give CY a smile. 

So basically, nothing has changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived