C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 Intercom Anywhere App

nevets23

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, nevets23 said:

Lmao, who said stupid or inept? I certainly didn’t. Btw, the I could magically sprout wings, but it doesn’t make it likely, just like the items you listed aren’t likely. Regardless, these are all things that are in their control, so I don’t see how any of that is an excuse when they announced it back in september.

You seem tense. Is this late delivery causing you some personal impact?

8 minutes ago, Pounce said:

You seem tense. Is this late delivery causing you some personal impact?

Lol, not tense at all. I was just pointing out that I didn't say what you had implied, and just made a counterpoint. Yes, it's certainly annoying the way c4 has handled this and the progress (or lack thereof as far as I know), but this is just a hobby to me. With that being said, however, I guess you can say I have somewhat of a financial interest in the success of the company though given the massive amounts of money I dropped on my system, but that can probably be said for everyone in this forum.

At the end of the day, this clearly isn't life or death, but I don't think we should just be accepting/quiet when we see issues with things.

3 minutes ago, nevets23 said:

not tense at all

If this is relaxed I'd hate to see tense. ;)

3 minutes ago, nevets23 said:

I don't think we should just be accepting/quiet

You have no choice, but to accept. Do you own a DS2?

More than likely the success of the intercom app is not going to make or break C4. 

Just now, Pounce said:

If this is relaxed I'd hate to see tense. ;)

You have no choice, but to accept. Do you own a DS2?

More than likely the success of the intercom app is not going to make or break C4. 

Haha, my profession tends to be intense, but I prefer to describe myself as passionate. 😂

And you are correct in that we currently have no choice but to accept. Occasionally though I feel the need to voice my disappointment, as I think other have done.

Also, you are correct that the success of the app is probably not going to make or break c4 by itself, but a failure here is certainly not a good look at all, especially given others have succeeded...

15 hours ago, nevets23 said:

Haha, my profession tends to be intense, but I prefer to describe myself as passionate. 😂

And you are correct in that we currently have no choice but to accept. Occasionally though I feel the need to voice my disappointment, as I think other have done.

Also, you are correct that the success of the app is probably not going to make or break c4 by itself, but a failure here is certainly not a good look at all, especially given others have succeeded...

I’m also passionate and I want many things.

A. I want a million dollars

B. I want to be 10 years younger.

C. I want the intercom app working.

At least I know that C will happen (probably before or at CEDIA or it will be horribly embarrassing for C4).

I’d love to be a fly on the wall at C4.  This must be causing lots of excitement behind closed doors.  I know that we have had (smaller) issues at my company that have caused great excitement for all involved!

They will release it at CEDIA and it will be released with another botch update. 
Just hope it works, however do not have much confidence in the Control4 Beta test teams after 2.10

If actual, real, home automation was easy, there would be more than the 3 or 4 companies that do it at the volume and quality of Control4.

True, but why settle 2nd best, should they not be talking to the end users, telling us about the Issues and Delays of the App.

After all they shouted about from the Roof Tops in September 17 and then again in February 18

Now we have nothing.

Has RyanE and Cy say CONTROL4 do not announce new products - Never Complain about that. 

However they did announce the App so tell us what the issue is and what the end Game is.

We are feeling very Frustrated 

3 hours ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

True, but why settle 2nd best, should they not be talking to the end users, telling us about the Issues and Delays of the App.

After all they shouted about from the Roof Tops in September 17 and then again in February 18

Now we have nothing.

Has RyanE and Cy say CONTROL4 do not announce new products - Never Complain about that. 

However they did announce the App so tell us what the issue is and what the end Game is.

We are feeling very Frustrated 

Did you buy the system specifically for the Intercom app?

Is it not 99% still effective in what you need it for? 

Becoming anxious is warranted.  

Control4 has not slighted anyone for people to be frustrated. 

If your dealer (incorrecrly) installed Control4 intercom system promising you app use by an exact date then I suggest you talk to them. If you want a product that will work correctly with some of the nonsense some people want to force into their systems than I would wait happily. Control4 wants to give you a completed and tested feature which is not what other tech companies do...and people complain. 

Lets not talk about the issue or lack off

Lets just get over excited and tell you that the system works for turning lights on and off etc

Its not control4 fault something they said was coming is not hear yet 10mths later or worst Control4 are

not saying anything.

Love it  

• 4 weeks later...

keeping me entertained this post,

let me just go and press the button on my 2N and receive the call on my mobile :) same as i have been for over 12 months - i feel for those that bought into DS2 and cant access that feature or use the My2N service (the latest firmware seems to have blocked it - until i find a workaround for my dealers) - for anyone without a DS2 yet - just look outside the C4 catalogue and find what you need plus more, for those with a DS2, i'll report back if i find a fix

1 hour ago, Cyknight said:

😦 Someone's pulling your leg man. That's just not how it works

That a shame it came from a dealer on this web site who connected me about my twitter post (Saying C4 WAS NOT HAPPY) - He said C4 even asked for Mac address and dealer to ensure

i would be first in queue. 

Lets just carry on upsetting them on twitter 

2 hours ago, StroTek LLC said:

I called control4, and they told me to try a different HDMI cable to get the intercom app to show up earlier...😂

I called them and  they said -  Go away speaker to a dealer we are too busy selling our shares 

30 minutes ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

I called them and  they said -  Go away speaker to a dealer we are too busy selling our shares 

That is totally unsubstantiated but make stuff up ok 

3 hours ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

Mitch- Not making anything up - I`m English 

https://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/ctrl/insider-trades

Sold 672,674 Shares year to date 

And almost of that was automatic sells. Mean it's on a schedule. Meaning they didn't wake up and say oh crap time to bail. These people have a lot of shares. Oh and 600k shares of insider sales is nothing 

49 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

And almost of that was automatic sells. Mean it's on a schedule. Meaning they didn't wake up and say oh crap time to bail. These people have a lot of shares. Oh and 600k shares of insider sales is nothing 

Love your logic - They are Auto Sales because they can buy and sell like normal people they are Board members  - However they are selling and Susan is as sold everything.

If they was just High end employees paying for Vacations or new cars can understand it - But not Board member.

So we both agree the Board Member are selling shares and I`m not "make stuff up "

35 minutes ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

Love your logic - They are Auto Sales because they can buy and sell like normal people they are Board members  - However they are selling and Susan is as sold everything.

If they was just High end employees paying for Vacations or new cars can understand it - But not Board member.

So we both agree the Board Member are selling shares and I`m not "make stuff up "

scheduled sales and people saying "oh crap time to bail" are not the same...

Archived