C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 Intercom Anywhere App

nevets23

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, LollerAgent said:

Do I need a DS2 to take full advantage?  What can I do with a Doorbird?

You do need a DS2 to take FULL advantage, but it isn't required. You can use the app to call another smartphone or call a T3 at home. I don't have a DS2 at home, but I have used the app to call the T3 at home a few times.

Nothing.

Are you supposed to see Android phones from a T3 screen or the ap on an iPhone?

I have an iPhone and can see it on T3 screens, but I cannot see my wife's Android phone on a T3 screen on on the ap on my iPhone.

33 minutes ago, jfh said:

Are you supposed to see Android phones from a T3 screen or the ap on an iPhone?

I have an iPhone and can see it on T3 screens, but I cannot see my wife's Android phone on a T3 screen on on the ap on my iPhone.

Create an Intercom user account in your customer.control4.com account for each phone.

On 8/1/2018 at 8:37 PM, lippavisual said:

DS2 or DS2 mini only for now.  3rd party may come in the future.

"3rd party" seems a little strong for the 2N unit which is essentially a DS2. However I understand from a recent tech support call that the 2N API denies certain hooks that C4 use for stuff, so I think I may be out of luck. I know I can fall back to the native 2N remote app but integration would be super nice.

40 minutes ago, timbooo said:

"3rd party" seems a little strong for the 2N unit which is essentially a DS2. However I understand from a recent tech support call that the 2N API denies certain hooks that C4 use for stuff, so I think I may be out of luck. I know I can fall back to the native 2N remote app but integration would be super nice.

what don't you get from the 2n integration?  I've had 2n integration up and running for a few months without a hiccup.  Its still a 2 app solution - the intercom anywhere app is different than the standard c4 app.  someone rings the door, you can have multiple devices called.  Just curious if you think you are missing out on anything integration wise?

55 minutes ago, eggzlot said:

what don't you get from the 2n integration?  I've had 2n integration up and running for a few months without a hiccup.  Its still a 2 app solution - the intercom anywhere app is different than the standard c4 app.  someone rings the door, you can have multiple devices called.  Just curious if you think you are missing out on anything integration wise?

I guess your point is a good one, however using the 2N app wouldn't include the other bits like the access to the touchscreens as intercom from outside. Possibly entirely useless of course.

Just now, timbooo said:

I guess your point is a good one, however using the 2N app wouldn't include the other bits like the access to the touchscreens as intercom from outside. Possibly entirely useless of course.

i think you can call a touchscreen from the outside

I cannot verify because most of my system is shut down for a 4 month renovation project.  Have you tried?  Its SIP technology, it should allow you to call a touchscreen.  maybe not, I could be wrong, but thought I tried that and it worked.

2 hours ago, eggzlot said:

the ability to trigger actions while you are on the video call.

22 minutes ago, thegreatheed said:

the ability to trigger actions while you are on the video call.

thats fair.  if i need to say goodbye and hang upthen open the c4 app to unlock the door that's fine.  its funny, I always wanted this feature (remote access), I went from DS1 > Holovision > Helios, finally got the ability for remote communication and I've used it 1x in 3-4 months!  99% of the people ringing my door when I am at work are delivery people so no need to do any actions for them - but I know everyone has their own unique use cases.  There was 1 time a delivery person was about 2 hours before his window and I was not hold so I was able to tell him I was 10 minutes away from home and he should hang tight.  But I was not going to open the door for him!

11 minutes ago, thegreatheed said:

You wouldn't want the ability to turn on a porch light when someone suspicious rings the doorbell? Unlock a gate? Do absolutely anything else you care to program?

if its evening my porch lights are already on because C4 turns it on 😃  again i am not saying its not a cool feature, I am saying in the last 4 months that use case didn't apply to me so did not realize I was missing it.  Its funny, in the intercom proxy on the TS you can program 1-2 actions.  I actually have that to unlock the front door open the garage door, and funny enough, I havent used that feature either.  nice to have, seems practical, just do not use it.

57 minutes ago, eggzlot said:

if its evening my porch lights are already on because C4 turns it on 😃  again i am not saying its not a cool feature, I am saying in the last 4 months that use case didn't apply to me so did not realize I was missing it.  Its funny, in the intercom proxy on the TS you can program 1-2 actions.  I actually have that to unlock the front door open the garage door, and funny enough, I havent used that feature either.  nice to have, seems practical, just do not use it.

Wow! I use it all the time... interesting how different things are used by different people...

Archived