C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 Intercom Anywhere App

nevets23

• 1 month later...

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's never get released , however my DS2 is been fitted on the 5th Feb and the event in the EU is the 7th 

my dealer called me to say it's a good time to get it fitted !!! 

I had postponed the install because of the issues with 2.10 and DS2 - but he talked me into it 

I can see this as being pretty cool- assuming it means that a user could use a phone from outside the house to have this message come through all of the touch screens in the house such as "your bedrooms had better be clean when your mom gets home or there's no ice-cream for you!"

Is that the intent of this app?

^ Well that's great that this is finally coming! please post pictures, tube links of it working, what gear you need,  and reviews so we can for once and all have simple intercom actually work in our houses already, but I'd want costs of the entire setup and no BS this time - just costs and a guarantee they aint going to screw around with the license like last time so can ya'll who get this new intercom setup post here what you purchased to do it? Please do that for a long time no intercom sufferer including what it cost ya'll for the entire setup and how the license or app is linked and to whom ....dealer vs actual consumer/end user.  Because I don't have a clue what happened to my license that I actually paid for last time ( I now treat this like a kind of "C4 donation" that allows me to come on line here because it sure didn't buy me "intercom") so how about keeping the payment model real "simple stupid" this time huh? ( I am a basic dumb arse kinda bloke so I need things simple) and locked to the consumer (for the entire life of the actual products) ? thanks 

Rock on C4.

W

The dealer network has no more info than anybody else.

The beta program has been closed for a little while so could mean its due very soon, or that its been totally scrapped.

We have had a few customers ask about it and simple tell them we have no info but will update them if we can. If you dealers are selling you a DS2 on the basis of the app then they rely need to be spoken too, leaving them open too the usual " not fit for purpose" arguments.

Now my personal guess, as a end user, is that ISE will be the place we will see the launch of the app along with a new OS version.

6 hours ago, David Paxton said:

The dealer network has no more info than anybody else.

The beta program has been closed for a little while so could mean its due very soon, or that its been totally scrapped.

We have had a few customers ask about it and simple tell them we have no info but will update them if we can. If you dealers are selling you a DS2 on the basis of the app then they rely need to be spoken too, leaving them open too the usual " not fit for purpose" arguments.

Now my personal guess, as a end user, is that ISE will be the place we will see the launch of the app along with a new OS version.

Agree with that guess... and hope you are right!

18 hours ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

RyanE said they was no Cedia Announcement 

I said there was no announced release date, not that it wasn't announced / shown.

It's still in progress, but I don't know the release date.

RyanE

Ryan, 

From a marketing point of view C4 have done a great job on the App and created a buzz. 

We all have a bit of fun these days, because we know that new software comes out at Cedia and .1 Version comes out

at ISE. 

We are aware a new controller is coming out at ISE. 

Lets just hope 2.10.1 as been tested this time or will it be 2.11 ????

https://www.control4.com/docs/product/intercom/solutions-guide/english/latest/intercom-solutions-guide-rev-b.pdf

Check out the 1st paragraph of this baby -

Your Control4 system includes powerful Intercom features that let you monitor and communicate easily with all of your Intercom-compatible devices. With at least two devices in your system, you can send and receive high-quality audio and video throughout your home and to your mobile devices with the Control4 Intercom app

47 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Looking very positive...

And they released a new version of the Door Station driver a couple of days ago.  Hopefully that means the bugs are all squashed. My dealer installed it today so my fingers are crossed!

Thats good news 

Any feed back would be greatly received 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived