C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 Intercom Anywhere App

nevets23

Yep,  read lots of the marketing blurb and chose control4 for many reasons but a key reason for spending thousands on T3’s rather than using one of the 5 iPads we have was the ability of the intercom app to “drop in” to a room remotely for security and checking when we are away if a sensor goes off or the alarm. 

Hope it comes out soon because it will be a great addition. 

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, nevets23 said:

What's "cock up?" LMAO, assuming that you meant something else.

Its slang in the UK for promising something they can not deliver - Just getting it wrong. 

IE - My M4 is coming today "sorry there has been a cock up is coming tomorrow"

I did enjoy typing that !!!!!

Its slang in the UK for promising something they can not deliver - Just getting it wrong. 
IE - My M4 is coming today "sorry there has been a cock up is coming tomorrow"
I did enjoy typing that !!!!!

Makes sense. I may need to start using that going forward lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh come on Beta is something that is ready to go in few weeks - Its been 26 Weeks 

The wording should have been in Alpha and its a good idea that could happen. 

It was all about sales 

Its like Samsung and Ip control - Works in US - Oh they is the rest of the world - Its like Trumps running the show !!!- That was a joke 

Oh come on Beta is something that is ready to go in few weeks - Its been 26 Weeks 
The wording should have been in Alpha and its a good idea that could happen. 
It was all about sales 
Its like Samsung and Ip control - Works in US - Oh they is the rest of the world - Its like Trumps running the show !!!- That was a joke 
Beta cycles for iOS are usually half a year...

And I believe Samsung IP control is more on Samsung and different firmwares vs control4

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

The half a year is up- Nothing - Zero - Zip  

Samsung was a joint Statement and yet again nothing about about the rest of the world  

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170831006021/en/Samsung-Integrates-Control4-SDDP-Technology-2017-4K

When you AIM big you need to deliver 

Or better still stay quite until you now it works

C4 Have over Sold the Product - Bad Idea 

This has more than likely been discovered and talked about on here, however. . . The DS2's can send video calls to not only touch screens but also to iPhones, iPads or any Android based phones or tablets all at the same time.  It wont call your Control4 mobile app but it will call a different app.  You can even call the DS2 and view the live feed from your phone, along with unlocking a door strike that is wired to the DS2.  Works good, I dig it.  You get a 30 subscription free to try it out on unlimited devices. but it is a subscription paid app (yearly) and you have to pay per device...something around 4$ a device.  Not ideal of course but, hey...why C4 drags its feet...2N Mobile View App (2N is the company who manufactures the DS2 for Control4, they just brand it really).

The DS2 is awesome...Love how you can have the DS2 announce verbal messages off of STATES or if the Call is ended or not answered to let  guest know the gate is open or to tell the UPS guy to leave the package....the blue tooth feature is cool but I like using my fingerprint to unlock the door.  Once I really learned all the door station could do...awesome piece of gear.

MAX - We have tried the 2N Mobile App however it looks like C4 have looked us out with a Firmware upgrade (Or Something) - The DS2 will not register. 

Thats what winds me up the most 2N have a App thats Works. 

RyanE - No need to say Sorry - They should just give everyone a update - They have already told the world it is Beta.

Is it really in beta and are dealers testing it, that is the question that needs answering. Part of me thinks it’s not, reason being is that there would always be someone that posts something on the internet, having spent 25 years in software sales and marketing and have ran a software business, someone always has to brag that they are testing new software and it will leak out. 

the DS2 has a relay connection on it.. we use that to trigger your existing mechanical doorbell.. OR we just play  A DING DONG sound over the whole home audio

Does this mean the DS2 could be used as a dumb doorbell without any other Control4 infrastructure? We are building a new house and will have Control4 but there may be a gap before the C4 system is installed while finances recover. I will create the space in the wall for a DS2 Mini in the build process so it will look a bit odd until I install one - could I put a DS2 Mini in from day 1 and use it as a dumb doorbell until the rest of the Control4 system is in?

Thanks

58 minutes ago, bdo21 said:

Does this mean the DS2 could be used as a dumb doorbell without any other Control4 infrastructure? We are building a new house and will have Control4 but there may be a gap before the C4 system is installed while finances recover. I will create the space in the wall for a DS2 Mini in the build process so it will look a bit odd until I install one - could I put a DS2 Mini in from day 1 and use it as a dumb doorbell until the rest of the Control4 system is in?

Thanks

No that wouldn't work. You would need at least one controller in the system to control the doorstation and to program the relay to operate when the doorbell is pressed. 

5 hours ago, bdo21 said:

Thanks

Yes, you can do that. Basically what will happen is the DS2 will activate the relay when you press the button. You can connect any doorbell to the relay. You do need the doorbell wire going to the DS2. All of this can be setup in the DS2 web interface.

5 hours ago, bdo21 said:

Thanks

You could also look at the 2N Helios IP Solo, the DS2 Mini is a re-badged version of this.

16 hours ago, Unsocialtoaster said:

You could also look at the 2N Helios IP Solo, the DS2 Mini is a re-badged version of this.

It is, although they have separate drivers and the integration process is a bit different. With the plain 2N version, dealer needs to configure everything from scratch / manually. The driver for the Control4 version automates and thus speeds up the process quite a bit. (Not everything is auto-configured though.)

Also Control4's version multicasts the video preview so it supports basically an unlimited number of touch screens showing the video preview at the same time. The 2N version's driver only supports unicast camera stream so the number of touch screens displaying the video preview at the same time is limited (To 15, I think? Could be a lower number though, depending on whether you are using H.264 or MJPEG.).

And if you are comparing their prices, don't forget that Control4's version essentially comes with the Enhanced Video (now with ONVIF licence too) and Enhanced Integration licences applied from the factory. With the 2N version you would need to buy these licences extra for the integration to work.

I think we understand that Lukas - it would work. 

At the moment we are waiting over 6mths with no news and C4 saying in PDF the doorbell will call your mobile. 

Its a shame they do not explain what the issue is or like Apple / Sonos and C4 did 2.10 - Let us become Beta Testers 

5 hours ago, lukas.polivka said:

Also Control4's version multicasts the video preview so it supports basically an unlimited number of touch screens showing the video preview at the same time. The 2N version's driver only supports unicast camera stream so the number of touch screens displaying the video preview at the same time is limited (To 15, I think? Could be a lower number though, depending on whether you are using H.264 or MJPEG.).

That's good to know Lukas, I wasn't aware of the limitation with the 2n devices (I am a dealer, I moved companies and forgot my password for this forum and am locked out of my old email account so made a new account here).

There are some issues with the current DS2 driver and it's auto-config which dealers need to be aware of as well (C4 will automatically overwrite certain settings automatically which can cause problems with non-standard setups).

1 hour ago, Kieran2712 said:

If you guys want to see this working here is a link to a video with it working. It will be out first week of may. 👍🏻

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kdmungin6x36qk4/AAC1rQN8FpjZY63-8VL3G1aza?dl=0

Looks good... is it (nearly) as quick when the phone is not on the same Wi-Fi?

Also, interesting to see the extra ignore and accept buttons at the top of the T3 screen... that is new (AFAIK)

Looks good... is it (nearly) as quick when the phone is not on the same Wi-Fi?
Also, interesting to see the extra ignore and accept buttons at the top of the T3 screen... that is new (AFAIK)

That’s new in 2.10.1. It’s as Gaston 4g yes

That’s new in 2.10.1. It’s as Gaston 4g yes

Thanks! What I am really interested in though is how it works when someone pushes the DS2 doorbell, and you’re not in the intercom app on your phone. In other words, how does it notify you there is a call from the DS2? With Bria, as long as the app is running, I believe it just gives you a quick push notification, which in my experience isn’t good enough or noticeable enough to be able to answer quickly. I’m guessing that is the case here as well. I’m also guessing you have to have the intercom app always open/running?

Ideally, I would like to see a call from the DS2, ring to your iphone the way facetime does, regardless of whether you have the intercom app open in the background or are actually in the app. In other words, it would work like receiving any other video/phone call on your phone....any insight into the way this will work would be much appreciated.

Thanks for sharing!

Archived