C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 Intercom Anywhere App

nevets23

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When does a “long beta” become Vaporware? This company can’t take a trick just ask the Aussie cricket team - but hey at least C4 aren’t cheats and cheat they did cause guess what ball tampering *is* cheating the natural aging of the ball (without man made intervention aka “sandpaper” making it swing the wrong way) *is* the the game you clowns 🤡 ! It dictates bloody everything. Change of bowlers, batting line up, when to take the new ball, when to go in the run chase, when to declare, when to bring on the spinners vs the swing bowlers etc etc #aussieshame

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey here’s an bright idea nobody can do anything with their C4 system not one darn thing without calling a dealer god forbid owners of their very own system might dare try a C4 intercom app “themselves” !!!! oooooohhh shock horror you can’t possibly do that!!! you enthusiast passionate Control4 supporter but incompetent tech fool (aka C4 end user).... don’t try anything in life!! Never take a risk. Just sit there like a dumb mute watching daze of our lives or a Hollywood C grade movie starring ex president Ronnie Regan on the idiot box using your C4 remote .....so let’s delay the launch so that every dealer is so comfortable with it, read that manual thing that you all exclusively get and not only that - memorised it, done your c4 tech certification update k134 June 2018 and make it so hard getting it out into the market place and Into folks homes that it all becomes *so* complicated an end user couldn’t possibly do it themselves anyway!!! , let’s make it so darn detailed and difficult, let’s have so few real c4 techs and boffins working on the project, and so many lawyers involved ticking multiple boxes, NDA’s and third party protocols and agreements that it takes so long that by the time it’s released Apple, Google and Amazon have their own self installed set up we can just pop down to Best Buy or buy online for $49.99 and DIY ourselves, so nobody needs to use their “installed” C4 intercom anymore that they finally got around to install 2019 after booking the dealer truck roll like one month ago already ... W

Geez, why didn't I think of that?
Control4 should just release *more* requested features *more often*...
It's *so simple*!  We'll get right on that!

RyanE

Lol, somehow I knew you would understand! It is so simple!

In all seriousness though, I think I’m going to start using the “it’s complicated and still in beta” excuse when my wife asks me why I haven’t done things around the house. I wonder how long that will last before she gets a new husband

^They just take too long doing the exciting stuff and there is a history that if they rush things they screw it up. The last intercom attempt within C4 was a balls up - as much in the way it was rolled out as the tech itself. Then there is “the model” to consider so many “parties” to please and stakeholders involved. That’s why I say keep C4 for the boring stuff - that’s what it’s good at. Forget using it for the rest - until it’s right fully tested, a dealer has done it dozens of times and you’ve actually seen it work with the whites of your very own eyes. All IMHO. W.

“it’s complicated and still in beta" 

However they still send out PDF about Intercom App

https://www.control4.com/docs/product/intercom/solutions-guide/english/latest/intercom-solutions-guide-rev-b.pdf

2nd Page five rows down 

Also 

"Receive a door station call (or in a room without a touch screen) on your smartphone from anywhere."

Think they need to sort there advertising again 

“it’s complicated and still in beta" 
However they still send out PDF about Intercom App
https://www.control4.com/docs/product/intercom/solutions-guide/english/latest/intercom-solutions-guide-rev-b.pdf
2nd Page five rows down 
Also 
"Receive a door station call (or in a room without a touch screen) on your smartphone from anywhere."
Think they need to sort there advertising again 

Sure thing! However nothing on an ICC marketing team needed right now to swing in and fix ol sport!

Will a C4 intercom app be able to zoom in on a cricketer (or baseballer) ....heaven forbid a homeowner ....cheating and scratching their crotch with sandpaper? Perhaps the beta testers could test this before release please? 🤪

Actually this reminds me years ago trying to contact a consultant when I was a intern by calling him at “home”..... if any intern did that they were immediately sacked. You had to contact him on the “tin whistle”... (that was a pager) remember those? Privacy. Remember that? (I’m not so sure I want the C4 intercom anywhere app now.... ! ) can it be turned off and signalled “unavailable”?

Mate chill out it’s coming. It’s the best out there by a country mile. We all know this.   

Yeah?  “We all know this”..... “best thing out there by a country mile....”

Ok then...

Show us the youtube.....

6 hours ago, nevets23 said:

In all seriousness though, I think I’m going to start using the “it’s complicated and still in beta” excuse when my wife asks me why I haven’t done things around the house. I wonder how long that will last before she gets a new husband emoji4.png

It's worked for me for over 25 years!

:)

RyanE

3 minutes ago, Pounce said:

I think it is you that need lightening.  Sorry if you take it too serious.

i'm pretty chill. if you notice over the last few weeks my posts have been next to nothing cause most of the posts on here are less then productive

I hadn't noticed. It's a forum. Your participation is valuable to the degree you desire to participate. It's also here for you to generate business and support the ecosystem. Give and take. It's perfectly normal to engage when you want and leave when you want. Not many rules. I value you your participation. There are times when folks just joke about. Forums are like life with the loudness button clicked. Always a cross section of serious, helpful, rude, annoying, friendly and funny and it changes over time.

My deadpan humor can be misunderstood. Sorry if it got to you.

Archived