C4 Forums | Control4

Colorwheel for LED lights

koxkp

I think I saw a nice solution to this in the DMX thread, but was looking at Yeelight and Hue and you need 5 sliders for 1 LED light. Could be cool to see a pop-up color-wheel as these LED lights become more popular.

• 3 weeks later...

My understanding is that some of the paid Hue drivers have that functionality - but it would be great to see it in the C4 Hue driver.
Here is a photo of the TheDriversLab's driver
59e13d2f93c8e53-0.png

Oh cool. I just got some yeelight LED strips since I couldn’t find any difference between the hue. This could make it much easier to use though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That will only work for older touch screens, that had access to the 4store to buy apps.  Basically, anything that is using Flash navigators could use this.

Unfortunately, 4store is defunct and basically abandoned, so this will not work.

The only solution that I've seen is the colorpicker wheel provided for DMX lighting.  However, the colorwheel only shows in the security tab, because it is based on an IP camera proxy.

Color wheel feature in general has been requested a million times on the dealer forums.  The only way I see it happening is when they finally give the interface/proxy system a whole new overhaul.  In other words, don't hold your breath.

Use the lights native apps to select what you like, copy the settings, so that you can program accordingly in C4 to select the colors.

1 hour ago, lippavisual said:

That will only work for older touch screens, that had access to the 4store to buy apps.  Basically, anything that is using Flash navigators could use this.

Unfortunately, 4store is defunct and basically abandoned, so this will not work.

The only solution that I've seen is the colorpicker wheel provided for DMX lighting.  However, the colorwheel only shows in the security tab, because it is based on an IP camera proxy.

Color wheel feature in general has been requested a million times on the dealer forums.  The only way I see it happening is when they finally give the interface/proxy system a whole new overhaul.  In other words, don't hold your breath.

Use the lights native apps to select what you like, copy the settings, so that you can program accordingly in C4 to select the colors.

Not true. The DMX ColorWheel now show in the Lighting Section of the T3 touchscreen with C4 OS 2.10. It need a simple programming trick that is explained here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGJSpcTZZ_I

On December 1, 2017 at 3:04 PM, lippavisual said:

Awesome!!  Didn't know that.

I haven't updated any systems to 2.10 yet, including my own home.  I wait for all the bugs to be squashed, which seems like its taking a while.

As for the driver, all (known) bugs has been taken care of, so far this release run very stable. I am still more than happy to hear from you guys, especially if you find some unknown issue to fix or require new features.

• 5 months later...
On 12/3/2017 at 8:54 PM, jackstone said:

As for the driver, all (known) bugs has been taken care of, so far this release run very stable. I am still more than happy to hear from you guys, especially if you find some unknown issue to fix or require new features.

Does the color wheel navigation under lighting only work on T3? Or Android/iOS as well?

Or do you still have to select through Security on iOS/Android?

On 5/10/2018 at 6:47 PM, jesseasmith said:

Does the color wheel navigation under lighting only work on T3? Or Android/iOS as well?

Or do you still have to select through Security on iOS/Android?

It work on all touch device including the mobile app, but it is much nicer on the T3 because you can bring it from the lighting icon and the color wheel is displayed full screen, those two things are not possible on the mobile app.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone done this awesome color wheel for Philips Hue yet? I'm trying the Hue bulbs out and liking the lights, but not liking the way a person needs to interact with them.  I'd love to have the color wheel and a white color temp slider and ditch the android app and silly switches. I hear Philips is going to be offering a lot more hardware this year, but I'd rather it be integrated. We are finding that we actually change the colors. I was sort of surprised.

Archived