C4 Forums | Control4

Remote Programming Services Offered

chopedogg88

Ari is excellent. He's both quick and thorough, very responsive, and prices are reasonable. I was going to get rid of the C4 system I'd had for many years because the system didn't always work and I was unhappy with my dealer. Ari got it working in no time, and I no longer have any of the issues I used to have with the system. It's been easy to work with Ari, and he's been patient as I order various new components and get them set up. Highly recommend.

• 4 months later...

Let me begin by saying that I was not even a member of this forum, and I actually created an account specifically to give Ari the praise that he's earned. I've been a Control4 owner since 2016, and it's an awesome system. When I purchase it, I had aspirations of making my whole home a smart home, but I decided to just use it to control my high end A/V equipment. 

Anyway, like electronics are known to do, it somehow was knocked offline a few years back. Since the system still controlled the A/V equipment fine, I never bothered to have anyone out to fix the issue. Since being stuck in the house during the COVID-19 crisis, I decided to try and get the issue resolved. After searching online, I came across Ari's info via this forum. I decided to email him, and within an hour, he'd already replied back! Being business owner myself, I can appreciate this kind of service. We exchanged a few emails, and later that evening we had a phone call about things. He hopped right on and fixed it within an hour!! 

To make matters even better, he heard my thoughts of purchasing a new HDR compatible receiver to go along with my other equipment, and he even offered me an AMAZING deal on a Denon, since he's a certified Denon dealer. I'd fully planned to purchase it, but life happened, and that delayed my purchase. In the midst of that, I decided to do more research (AVNerd for a reason), and I actually decided to go another direction than the Denon. It all happened quickly, and I got a smoking deal on the product I ended up purchasing (which was more expensive than the Denon that Ari was going to sell me, but it's also much higher end). Ari could've been salty about this, but he was super cool about it, and even programmed the new receiver for me within hours of me getting it all installed and set up. He even programmed my Xbox One X to work with the Control4 system. 

I will always use Ari for any future smart home needs, and he's the only one I'll call when I get ready to purchase another home next year. I feel that I've not only found an excellent programmer but also a friend across the country. 

If you call anyone other than Ari for your Control4 needs, then you're missing out! 

Edited by AVNerd54
Accidentally submitted initially.

• 2 weeks later...

Once again Ari has come through for me. After two moves, dismantling my AV rack and associated equipment and switching to a different topography, Ari was able to update my system to OS3 and get everything, including the new equipment, all working in minutes -- despite my incredibly slow Internet connection at the time.

He is fast and efficient, and at a reasonable rate. I continue to highly recommend him.

The good news is that @chopedogg88 is just one of many remote integrators available here on the forum. I've used @AK1, @Matt Lowe and others and they are very talented.

Happy to be back in the game and looking forward to the NEEO waiting on me at the post office. Thanks Ari!

On 11/14/2017 at 9:51 AM, chopedogg88 said:

I have been doing a lot of remote programming for people on this forum and otherwise for the past 5 years or so...without having officially posted about it.  Well, here it is!

Hi - - Ari:
I have installed on my C4 system your Epic systems Echo Driver ver1.80 (which I am going to have to reconfigure) but that is not my current question.
I have a C4 HC250 controller as well as ComposerHE ver 1.10.5, and am a mid-level geek having built my own computers for the past 20 years.
The HC250 comes with a relatively small 1GB system flash drive - but it is Linux formatted and is not recognized by my Win-10 system.
Unfortunately I am Not versed in Linux or any Linux variants.  Current HC250 OS version = 2.10.5.554707-res
-
My C4 system is now 6 years old - and I am very worried about the integrity of the HC250 system flash drive.
I would like to CLONE this drive to a new 2 - 4 GB flash drive and replace the old one.
How can I do that on my Win-10 PC ??  IF the HC250 won't recognize a huge system drive - please let me know the largest it can accommodate and how to proceed.
Thank You

Hi,

I have no idea as I've never attempted to clone a Control4 hard drive.  I would recommend backing up your project, that should be all you need to do to have all of the "programming" of your system should your controller fail.  You might also want to consider upgrading your HC-250 to an EA1 or EA-3 controller - PM me for details.

OK - - So if I back up my project - how do I restore it to a new blank flash drive.
If there is no OS on the flash drive (and I suspect the back-up is also stored on the old flash drive), how can that be restored to a c4 computer ??
I suspect I'll need a Win-10 SSD Bitcopy/imaging program than can copy an SSD, then restore it to a new SSD while at the same time facilitating expansion of the partition boundaries.
Anyone with any ideas Please Post ???

• 4 months later...

I wanted to give my positive feedback and thanks to @chopedogg88 for all his help with my recent upgrade on my HC250 based setup.

Like many of you, I inherited my system (mine was thru marriage).  It was installed in 2013 at version 2.5.0, and hadn't had a thing done to it since.   As times and equipment changed, my wife just learned to live with the issues and limitations.    I decided it would be nice to get those issues resolved, but did not want to get goosed by the local installer having to charge their normal rates (plus travel, etc.)

I saw some remote integrators advertising on eBay and thought that was an interesting option.  A google search turned up this forum, and Ari's glowing feedback made me reach out.   I signed up to c4forums for the sole purpose of contacting Ari and getting started on our project.

Ari was patient and explained in detail what I needed and how best to go about things.   My HC250 is now on 2.10.6 and my laundry list of issues were addressed!   Emails were returned quickly and the work was done above and beyond what I was looking for.   Value for the money was excellent.   My wife gave it a big 👍.   

I look forward to using Ari in the future for all our Control4 needs!   

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I just wanted to thank this forum, but mostly Ari for quickly fixing and upgrading my system. I only discovered this forum as one component in my system got corrupted and wasn't responding, just like my unresponsive dealer. Anyway, PM'd Ari, and he immediately got to work, fixed the problem, got a bunch of other things I've wanted to do for months completed, all within a couple of hours after I PM'd him! Absolutely incredible timing, customer service, and friendliness. I highly recommend him to anyone. And now I can add him to my reputable list of, "I know a guy..." 

Thank you Ari. And anyone who is looking, feel free to PM if you have questions. The service was fantastic and everything is working flawlessly.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

I'm new to C4 OS3 (system came with the house I recently purchased).  I'm a bit frustrated with the local dealer (who initially installed the system with the previous owner) as he never completed the job and won't return my calls.  I am looking to upgrade/update/replace some of the equipment/drivers as needed.  

Any help will be appreciated!

• 1 year later...

I started with Niles home automation which I can program myself to Control 4, which is 100% dealer dependent unless you use the Home Edition Composer, which does not allow the addition or removal of any device, thus a moot point for an advanced user like me. I said all that to say working with ARI had renewed my faith in remote programming of any kind. I was pleased and surprised about how painless the effort was, ARI’s knowledge, and how easy it was to follow his instruction onsite, which equally streamlined his “remote” effort.

I previously worked with a local installer which I have grown to detest as he nickeled and dimed us to a point where I regretted ever installing Control4. I heavily invested in the solution, and everything here is C4 controlled, including garage doors and sprinklers, so you can imagine my local installer's chokehold on us. Slow to react and slow to resolve made us look at remote programming options.

Finding ARI and seeing how he works over a few times of using him has made us more of a believer in our Control4 solution.  I never mentioned anything to him about our last installer, but he fielded our call over a simple Internet search and got us working ASAP. His knowledge and skill are impeccable, and with the right set of eyes and even a non-technical mind at the remote end, the process is as smooth as butter.

I wouldn’t say I like leaving reviews on most things, but I saw a quote the other day; it is not necessarily related to this. But, somehow, it encouraged me to speak up when impressed by someone's service, expertise, cautiousness, and overall professionalism.

“If responsible people don't address the real problem in a straightforward way, irresponsible people are going to exploit them. It's an axiom of cultural life.” – Richard Reeves.

Sincere thanks to responsible remote programmers like Ari Chopra.

I guess mnay is referring to a couple of years ago when I was helping him out and he requested that I send him an invoice for a couple of Neeos (which were almost impossible to get at the time), and I quoted him I believe 2x Neeos at 20% off msrp and he replied that it was way too expensive or something to that effect (this is one of those guys who only wants to buy used equipment and/or at dealer pricing only).  I also did some programming on his system and found him very difficult to work with, slow to pay invoices, etc...so I nicely let him know at that time that I was very busy and that I didn't want to work with him moving forward.

Fast forward to this past Friday...as you see above he posts on this thread with his phone number that he needs an integrator (not surprisingly).  I didn't reply, because I recognized the user and remembered my unpleasant past experience with him.  Then I started receiving phone calls and text messages from him on Friday evening, saying he needs help getting his security system keypad working with Control4 again.  I didn't respond, and wake up on Saturday morning at 7am my time to missed calls from him.  I informed him via text that I was too busy to work on his system at this time, at which point he asked me if I would be willing to re-consider.  Then he requests that I refer him to another programmer...I ignored that request because I would not want to do that to anyone else...then he starts texting me question marks since I hadn't replied....at which point I informed him that I was going to be blocking his contact...he responds that I am a "cry baby".  Not sure if he messaged me after that (probably, but I blocked him so I don't know thank God)...then he makes this false post above to try to tarnish my reputation.  Just goes to show once again that on the internet, you can post whatever you like, whether there is truth to it or not is up to the reader to decide!

I've referred clients to Ari when I did not have the capacity to take on work.  I certainly wouldn't have done that if he wasn't reputable.  Even though we sort of compete, he's in the very few I recommend, so there's that.  Best to you sir!

On 2/21/2023 at 11:01 AM, chopedogg88 said:

I guess mnay is referring to a couple of years ago when I was helping him out and he requested that I send him an invoice for a couple of Neeos (which were almost impossible to get at the time), and I quoted him I believe 2x Neeos at 20% off msrp and he replied that it was way too expensive or something to that effect (this is one of those guys who only wants to buy used equipment and/or at dealer pricing only).  I also did some programming on his system and found him very difficult to work with, slow to pay invoices, etc...so I nicely let him know at that time that I was very busy and that I didn't want to work with him moving forward.

Fast forward to this past Friday...as you see above he posts on this thread with his phone number that he needs an integrator (not surprisingly).  I didn't reply, because I recognized the user and remembered my unpleasant past experience with him.  Then I started receiving phone calls and text messages from him on Friday evening, saying he needs help getting his security system keypad working with Control4 again.  I didn't respond, and wake up on Saturday morning at 7am my time to missed calls from him.  I informed him via text that I was too busy to work on his system at this time, at which point he asked me if I would be willing to re-consider.  Then he requests that I refer him to another programmer...I ignored that request because I would not want to do that to anyone else...then he starts texting me question marks since I hadn't replied....at which point I informed him that I was going to be blocking his contact...he responds that I am a "cry baby".  Not sure if he messaged me after that (probably, but I blocked him so I don't know thank God)...then he makes this false post above to try to tarnish my reputation.  Just goes to show once again that on the internet, you can post whatever you like, whether there is truth to it or not is up to the reader to decide!