C4 Forums | Control4

2.10 iPhone app

h_sqd

Recently updated things to 2.10.  Two things I noticed: 1) the previous problem of having to reconnect to the server about 1 in 4 tries has gone away, (Yea!) but 2) it seems to be worse at syncing the current status of the lighting scenes.  I've always had the odd scene status go away on the phone (actually on, but showing off), but it seems to be generally worse now. 

Anyone else having these problems?

ps. when first launched, the app gets the initial status of things from the controller indicated by the Lighting 'bulb' turning on, but once in the lighting scene page, it gets forgetful.

Recently updated things to 2.10.  Two things I noticed: 1) the previous problem of having to reconnect to the server about 1 in 4 tries has gone away, (Yea!) but 2) it seems to be worse at syncing the current status of the lighting scenes.  I've always had the odd scene status go away on the phone (actually on, but showing off), but it seems to be generally worse now. 
Anyone else having these problems?
ps. when first launched, the app gets the initial status of things from the controller indicated by the Lighting 'bulb' turning on, but once in the lighting scene page, it gets forgetful.
Are you using lighting scenes or advanced lighting scene. How is tracking configured on the scenes? Did you try clicking the sync scenes button in the agent?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Using advanced lighting, but they are pretty old.  Probably from back when they were first available, so there might be better practices about how they are configured.

The app was synced from when the new 2.10 version was loaded.  The problem seems to be a transitory problem.  Each scene will indicate correctly when first invoked (usually 4-5 turned on at one time), but then forget one or two almost immediately.  It is like there is no heartbeat to reestablish the current status.

Using advanced lighting, but they are pretty old.  Probably from back when they were first available, so there might be better practices about how they are configured.
The app was synced from when the new 2.10 version was loaded.  The problem seems to be a transitory problem.  Each scene will indicate correctly when first invoked (usually 4-5 turned on at one time), but then forget one or two almost immediately.  It is like there is no heartbeat to reestablish the current status.
Sync scenes is different from the app sync

OK, I'm confused. I was referring to Synchronize Settings in the system page of the app.
Are you referring to some function in the Agents page?
Yes. As I said in my original post in the advanced lighting scene agent's there is a sync scenes button

I clicked the Sync all scenes a few times, as well as a few of the individual ones.  No obvious effect.  I noticed that the individual lights within the scenes seem to be properly indicated, but not the upper layer.

Hi Cyknight,

No native displays.  Only Apple iOS stuff.  So let me suggest that the earlier releases back to the original advanced lighting scenes worked better, but not perfect.  Now, almost not displaying correctly at all.  Even the execution by finger tap is poorer (multiple tries in some cases).

So is that a case of the functionality of the advanced lighting has changed and therefore my scenes are somehow obsolete?  If so, is there an obvious way to update them?

I'm just brainstorming, but I'd guess that perhaps the update worsened something already there.

I'd pick a scene that'z really bad right now, and change the tracking to only a single device, preferably a current gen switch/dimmer or at least a 'true' C4 devcie - sync once set (track any load, then remove tracking on all devices but one) and try from there.

Good suggestion.  I went into the advanced lighting page and started poking around and found some interesting behavior.  If I selected a particular scene and then clicked on the Room Visibility button.  Clicked OK (no change) and all of a sudden the phone button works correctly! (No actual changes, just cycling through things.)  Did them all and they all seemed to work correctly.  Then clicked the Sync All Scenes and it all quit again.  Tried resynchronizing the phone and re visiting the individual scenes like before and it all seems to work correctly even if I am not sure what undid things.

So there appears to be a couple of issues that affected me: 1) some level of button clicks must have initialized things in the new 2.10 environment (coders would point to something like uninitialized variables), and 2) the 'Sync All Scenes' may be buggy in that it seems to undo what I would think was its intention.

I'll keep an eye on things and post if it gets forgetful again.

• 1 month later...

Good suggestion.  I went into the advanced lighting page and started poking around and found some interesting behavior.  If I selected a particular scene and then clicked on the Room Visibility button.  Clicked OK (no change) and all of a sudden the phone button works correctly! (No actual changes, just cycling through things.)  Did them all and they all seemed to work correctly.  Then clicked the Sync All Scenes and it all quit again.  Tried resynchronizing the phone and re visiting the individual scenes like before and it all seems to work correctly even if I am not sure what undid things.

So there appears to be a couple of issues that affected me: 1) some level of button clicks must have initialized things in the new 2.10 environment (coders would point to something like uninitialized variables), and 2) the 'Sync All Scenes' may be buggy in that it seems to undo what I would think was its intention.

I'll keep an eye on things and post if it gets forgetful again.

Edit:

After several more weeks and a newer app, everything works as intended, except it still does not initialize to the proper current status of the various Scenes.  It always defaults to the OFF status for each Scene. There have been no further problems with the old issue of occasionally losing connectivity and requiring going into setting and refreshing the links.

Archived