C4 Forums | Control4

My Control4 and more Racks Install

Schrader

I've been in the new house 2 months and finally had a chance to clean up around the racks enough to take pictures.

Rack 1 Equipment List:

Dell Power Connect 2724 24 port GB switch

Dell Power Connect 3548P 48 Port POE switch

Dell EPS 470

Denon DVD 1920

Directv R10

Directv HR10-250

Directv HR21-100

Key Digital KD-MSW8x4Pro

Cable Box

Monster Power HTS2600

Yamaha HTR-5590

Control 4 CH-16AMP3-B

Monster Power HTS2500

APC Smart-UPS SC1500

Roku Netflix Player

Slingbox Pro

Channel Plus 5645

Rack 2 Equipment List:

Cable modem

m0n0wall firewall

VOIP ATA Adapter

Windows Home Server

Dell Rack Console 15FP

Control4 HC-300

Control4 HC-300

Monster Power HTS2600

Control4 HC-1000

Dell PowerEdge 1900

APC Smart-UPS SC1500

Rob

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Do you like the Roku Netflix Player ?

I do... especially for $100. The video quality is a little soft but overall not bad on my 56" DLP. My only issues are the limited selections of movies and TV shows that Netflix provides for streaming and no 5.1 digital sound. I'm planning on adding in a SlingCatcher to get a little better selection of streaming media.

Rob

Another nice alternative to the Roku player is that Netflix now streams to TivoHD boxes. The integration worked incredibly well . . . I simply add something to my Netflix "Watch Now" queue, then go into the Tivo menu and there it is. I caught up on the current season of Heroes that way, it looked great.

With the key digital controlled by serial, is it easy to program source selection for each output? I have an 8 x 12 key digital at my restaurant and the ir remote is completely useless. Curious about adding c4 and then having great control.

With the key digital controlled by serial, is it easy to program source selection for each output? I have an 8 x 12 key digital at my restaurant and the ir remote is completely useless. Curious about adding c4 and then having great control.

Serial makes it so much better, in conjunction with c4 its a breeze. pick the room you are in, pick what you want to watch, and there it goes.

With the key digital controlled by serial' date=' is it easy to program source selection for each output? I have an 8 x 12 key digital at my restaurant and the ir remote is completely useless. Curious about adding c4 and then having great control.[/quote']

Serial makes it so much better, in conjunction with c4 its a breeze. pick the room you are in, pick what you want to watch, and there it goes.

I second that. It is completely seamless. I tell the remote where I am and what I want to watch, and just happens.

Schrader,

I'm about 30 minutes North of Elgin. I have an upcoming project, and if you don't mind me asking, who did your install?

Scott

CCI out of Lake Villa. Great guys. http://cciwired.com/ They did all of the design work, prewire during construction and post construction install. I'm a big DIY guy, and they let me be very hands on during the entire process. It was about a 50K project after all was said and done.

I had an existing relationship with them as I'm in IT consulting and they had done some cabling and telecom work for us in the past. I can get you contact information for their sales guy if you're interested.

Rob

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived