C4 Forums | Control4

Amazon Alexa devices that don't exist in my project

Just updated to 2.10 today and the weirdest thing is occurring.  I'm now seeing several dozen new devices in my Alexa app. under the Smarthome functions.  

For example, one is called Ahmed Table, another Airtopia Climate Control, BALCONY LADIES, BALCONY MEN.....

I have no idea where these came from as I have never programmed them and cannot figure where these came from.  It's almost as if someone's Alexa account merged devices with mine.  Just seems odd that I've noticed it after update today to 2.10.

Just updated to 2.10 today and the weirdest thing is occurring.  I'm now seeing several dozen new devices in my Alexa app. under the Smarthome functions.  
For example, one is called Ahmed Table, another Airtopia Climate Control, BALCONY LADIES, BALCONY MEN.....
I have no idea where these came from as I have never programmed them and cannot figure where these came from.  It's almost as if someone's Alexa account merged devices with mine.  Just seems odd that I've noticed it after update today to 2.10.
@derrickcain

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, drmark12pa said:

You could have some fun playing with someone else’s lights :ph34r:

I went through every entry in the Alexa application using my PC so I could delete every one of these "rogue" entries which there were about 75.  Strangest thing as if someone else's Alexa device list had merged with mine.....  I use the Epic driver currently and everything seems to work just trying to figure out how those entries populated by Alexa app.

Are they your lighting scenes or completely unknown names? If they are your lighting scenes then this would happen (the next time you discovered devices) if someone hit the button in MyControl4 in error.

If they are unknown devise / scenes then it’s very very weird and worrying... I don’t really want you (or anyone else)  turning my lights on in the middle of the night :blink:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived