C4 Forums | Control4

Google cast

sonic30101

I really loved the old Chromecast driver that allowed for auto on for a room. Any way to bring that back for Chromecast's, Chromecast audios, and even 3rd party cast enabled devices for their feedback and manual programming can be done to select those sources, I know they changed their API a while back and it broke the old driver but it seems to be in a lot of devices now so maybe it can be brought back to life

13 minutes ago, sonic30101 said:

I really loved the old Chromecast driver that allowed for auto on for a room. Any way to bring that back for Chromecast's, Chromecast audios, and even 3rd party cast enabled devices for their feedback and manual programming can be done to select those sources, I know they changed their API a while back and it broke the old driver but it seems to be in a lot of devices now so maybe it can be brought back to life

You can do it with a chromecast audio - i do it in my house with a  no control driver.  I have a no control driver for a chromecast audio, which you can download free on my website, that no control driver coupled with auto sense on a control4 matrix amp allows me to auto turn a zone on when audio starts playing on that chromecast.

2 hours ago, msgreenf said:

You can do it with a chromecast audio - i do it in my house with a  no control driver.  I have a no control driver for a chromecast audio, which you can download free on my website, that no control driver coupled with auto sense on a control4 matrix amp allows me to auto turn a zone on when audio starts playing on that chromecast.

YMMV, but I've been noticing recently that this isn't working well - in that the chromecast isn't shutting down the actual signal, causing the amps to not properly sense that there is no music playing anymore, and subsequently not sensing when music DOES start playing again.

2 hours ago, msgreenf said:

I currently use no control drivers and audio sense which works fine, but others may benefit from an IP driver that knows when a cast is active if the chromecast audio is directly connected to an amp without signal sense if they don't have an audio matrix. Also if it is a video device there isnt a good way to turn the tv on and select the chromcast as the source in the room 

• 5 months later...

I have Comtrol4 audio matrix feed to speakercraft Vitar 1250 multi-zone amp in auto sense mode... after upgrade C4 controller to new system... auto sense of speakercraft amps don’t work anymore, unless set the volume to greater than 60%, even that speakercraft amp will turn off, if I play classic music in low volume.  Any idea someone can share what could be wrong and what need to adjust in C4 audio matrix?

Archived