C4 Forums | Control4

easy importer with 1.7.1.290

tumult

I'm not at home so I can't verify what version of composer I'm on. I'm on 1.7 that much I know, but not sure about the ending. I have easy importer version 1.1.0.12 and it works fine. I'll check when I get home and let you know if 1.290 is what I'm running

dealer has reported it to tech support. I've tried the software on my vista pc and windows xp vista, but both give the same error. The most recent things that have changed to my project is the addition of my ipod touch and weatherbug. The error I get is "Invalid length for base-64 char array." My version of easy importer is 1.1.0.112. I"m not using 64-bit windows on either pc. To be continued....

tum

• 2 weeks later...

No, it'll work with whatever storage is accessible by the controller.

Basically, Control4 has to charge for Easy Importer (unlike Media Edition) because of licensing issues of the MP3 encoder.

Since the 500 and 1000 have built-in hard drives, it makes sense to ship Easy Importer with them. The 500 especially, since it's basically the 'replacement' for the Media Controller, which had a built-in CD tray that could encode music placed in the tray.

RyanE

I guess there is no use for the HC-300, even if I have an external HD connected to it, correct?

Not true. You can copy any MP3s to the external hard drive connected to your HC-300. You don't need East Importer to convert CDs to MP3s. Easy Importer just makes it Everyday Easy to copy the music.

There are many programs available that can RIP CDs to MP3s. Once thed CDs are ripped you can copy them to the hard drive. You can also use C4 Media Edition to copy MP3s to the hard drive. C4 Media Editions is free.

the advantage with easy importer, is that you don't have to scan your music after the mp3's have been transferred.

getting back on topic, I logged what was happening when easy importer was connecting with the controller and my dealer sent the info to control4. Turns out that the xml file got corrupted. Not sure which xml file. sounds like my dealer will have to reinstall the last good version of my system to fix the problem. Everything in the system works fine except that I can't use easy importer.

tum

• 6 months later...

Am getting the following error message when trying to launch EasyImporter. I've used the application in the past and this just started happening a few weeks ago:

Invalid Length for a Base-64 char array.

Getting this on multiple PCs that are part of my home network.

thanks

Am getting the following error message when trying to launch EasyImporter. I've used the application in the past and this just started happening a few weeks ago:

Invalid Length for a Base-64 char array.

Getting this on multiple PCs that are part of my home network.

thanks

*edit* Attempt this at your own risk, if you Bjork it up you will need to call your dealer. Always make a backup of your project with media information before working on it.

I have seen a few posts on the dealer forum suggesting that the media database is corrupt, thus causing the error. The project should be backed up with media information, then the media & playlists exported, and then delete the mm file on your controller in the DB share. After that, reboot the controller, and reconnect with composer. Import the media & playlists back in. Back everything up once again, and try to re-connect with Easy Importer. It should work at this point.

Sometimes, this happens with foreign CD tracks, or tracks that have special/strange characters in the name.

If this doesn't fix it, then you'll probably want your dealer to stop by on-site as well.

Thank you for the quick post. My dealer asked C4 and they said it may be weird characters. I used Composer ME and deleted/changed any foreign characters but am still getting the error. I've scrutinized the Track Listings for each CD. I'm guessing that the file name doesn't matter. Outside of foreign characters, is there anything such as "/&() etc, that may trigger the error?

Why can't this be as easy as iTunes?

Archived