C4 Forums | Control4

Spacing/orientation - T3-10" panel and Kd120

I am building a new home and nearly ready to tackle the mounting of some T3 panels and Keypads in various locations. I attached an image of a location where we have a Kd120 in place. I need to install the T3 - 10" panel and a thermostat along with the Kd120. I want it to look clean and nice obviously.  

How would you guys orientate these?

What thermostat would you recommend? I havent picked on out as of yet. 

If anyone has any pics handy of something similar I would love to see them. Google hasnt helped to much up to this point.  

12-17-17 edit.jpg

18 minutes ago, Dr Noisewater said:

I can certainly move the thermostat away. I can mount it far enough away so the panel doesn’t throw the reading.  Good idea thinking btw.  What type of sensor Is recommended?

The screen is at 55” at the center is memory serves, I’ll check that. 

What sensor to use would depend on what thermostat, but there are all sorts of 10k/20k inwall mount sensors available, paintable etc. Oh and good point above, even if you do a sensor I's move it away due to heat generated by TS and/or dimmers)

Good Morning All - 

I did some searching and saw this basic Honeywell unit,

https://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-C7189U1005-Indoor-Temperature-Thermostats/dp/B003UJYZDG

Then I found this sensor from Aeotec, but I cant be sure it will integrate. 

I want max functionality and clean integration for the Touch Panels, thats my priority. 

What would be best or recommend?

55 minutes ago, Dr Noisewater said:

What would be best or recommend?

You FIRST have to decide what Tstat you will use. Be it the C4 one, Ecobee, Honeywell....there's plenty of options out there. THAT will determine what sensor to use as not all sensors are compatible.

IE for the C4 tstat you'd likely use an aprilair 10k ohm resstor, flushmount that becomes a small round 'dot' that you can pain tin wall color, but be aware it's temperature only, not humidity. Ecobee for example has wireless sensors so you don't need to worry one wires, so on and so forth.....

Archived