C4 Forums | Control4

Resetting Dimmer Switch

tsmithmdtx

I believe it's press up 9 times, down 9 times and up 9 times. The LEDs should both light up and then go out after a few seconds. That means it is reset. But, I also think you need to readd the dimmer to the project which will be hard without a "dealer".

That wont work then. Here is the issue. I have dimmer and 3 way in family room in which the lights are out of sync. Any solution for that?

Wow! That's a first. Are you certain one of them isn't installed upside down?

I have a 6 button that was recently installed and have run into the same issue. The 6 button will show the light as being on, but the switch will show the light as being off (the light is actually off). I'm guessing it's some sort of interference to Zigbee that's causing it. I haven't waited long enough to see if the 6 button would sync up on its own after another polling cycle. I just go over to the switch and turn the light on and off and that resyncs the 6 button.

It's only happened a couple of times, and I've only had this 6 button installed for a week or so.

Rob

Isnt this the same polling issue that people have discussed before that is the result of the current legal battle? If so then the way to fix it is with variable tracking or increments I believe.

Could you elaborate on the fix if possible. I do have this issue and it's driving me crazy. My understanding is that there is no fix until the legal issue is resolved? If I'm wrong, please let me know how to fix this! Thanks

I dont know enough to elaborate unforunately... hopefully someone else will pipe up. Basically I think you just set a variable for the light state and each time you change the state it increments by one and each of the buttons checks the variable to determine the status of the lights.

• 4 months later...

It sounds like your dealer does not have them linked together correctly or something. If they have them slaved together the 2 way switch doesn't even know it is a 2 way it just acts as another switch. I sounds like you have them toggling instead of checking the state of the switch and turning the lights on and off accordingly.

Archived