C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 UI Refresh

THE L1ZARD KING

1 hour ago, THE L1ZARD KING said:

I'd love to see UI refresh for Control4.  Considering what Control4 is capable of, it's a little out of place to see so many old skeuomorphic icons.  I know users don't like change but I think it would help freshen things up a bit, maybe for v3. 

While I quite like the idea... I’m not 100% convinced that I would like the outcome... remember these horrible grey icons that came out a year or two back...

• 2 months later...

I'm probably in the minority here but I love the C4 GUI, maybe because its what im used to.

The volume buttons could be in a better location. Old dated proxies could use a facelift, but I have become very fond of the circle of power and the color scheme.

I have looked at the Savant app and while it looks gorgeous if you have a 3 million dollar showhome thats been perfectly staged and cleaned and have professional photos taken with wide angled lenses and HDR.

But what about the average customer that has kids toys all over the place and its slightly a mess? Do you just snap a picture of their dirty kitchen with plates all over it and call it the background image for the kitchen? Unless your home has been stages and photographed like it is in the Savant Demo app does it really look that nice?

I dont know I think its very weird that Savant uses your own images and room pictures. Like i say it seems great if you live in $3M+ model home, but for the average person does that really look that good?

What does the savant UI look like if you dont take pictures of each room? Probably pretty bland I would imagine

I dunno, to each their own but I really don't see what all the hype is regarding the savant app. Its really not that nice IMO

Heh. Last time C4 tried to refresh the way there navigator is laid out, it got so much back-feed that they needed to change it back because people were complaining that it wasn't 'the way it was before' that I doubt most of you even noticed it!

Archived