C4 Forums | Control4

iPhone X update

rea

Just one of those questions to pose because I know there are some C4 employees on this forum, but are we going to get a proper iPhone X update? Your clientele likely skews a little bit Apple and they obviously have a little bit of money to upgrade to the newest phone. Was hoping that the "app" I've spent far and away the most money on in my house/life would take the time to push out an update to take advantage of the new screen real estate.

It more just kind of looks bad when all the apps I haven't spent as much money as one does on a C4 build have found the time to make it look nice on my fancy new phone. 

Rant ends now. Sorry. 

See the giant letterboxes at top and bottom. The iPhone X is edge-to-edge screen. See the attached MyQ image for reference. It uses the whole screen.  Let me know if it doesn't come through properly. 

And I realize it doesn't affect my usability or anything and I completely realize what a BS gripe this is. But...we've all paid a lot for C4 and I expect it to be just a little better than my free apps. Even if just on an aesthetic front. 

Image-1.jpg

Image-1-2.jpg

15 minutes ago, zaphod said:

They need to come up with a different navigator view for very narrow screens like that.  And the grid layout will likely work better than the circle for such narrow ARs.

didn't you just answer your own question with the grid view?

Perhaps - but the grid view doesn't look that much different than the screen shot above - it just pulls the Security and Lighting icons in towards the centre of the screen.  If you use stretch the background image to use the full screen then you end up with a lot of empty blue space. 

Why not use that space for something else in Navigator?  Like a larger Now Playing bar?  Or have a  Favorites bar that allows you to pull items from Watch, Listen or Lighting out to the top level so that you can Watch TV with one click instead of two.  Can you do that now?

On my iPhone 6S+ you could easily fit a fourth row of icons which you can see from the blue area in the screenshot above.  On a X you could fit a fifth row. Envision the screenshot above with the blue area expanded to go from top to bottom.  You could easily have two more rows of icons.  Maybe even three.  Why not use that space?

Perhaps - but the grid view doesn't look that much different than the screen shot above - it just pulls the Security and Lighting icons in towards the centre of the screen.  If you use stretch the background image to use the full screen then you end up with a lot of empty blue space. 
Why not use that space for something else in Navigator?  Like a larger Now Playing bar?  Or have a  Favorites bar that allows you to pull items from Watch, Listen or Lighting out to the top level so that you can Watch TV with one click instead of two.  Can you do that now?
On my iPhone 6S+ you could easily fit a fourth row of icons which you can see from the blue area in the screenshot above.  On a X you could fit a fifth row. Envision the screenshot above with the blue area expanded to go from top to bottom.  You could easily have two more rows of icons.  Maybe even three.  Why not use that space?

Mine is grid view and it’s the same. Cuts off top and bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived