C4 Forums | Control4

Controlling a PC in C4

zaphod

21 minutes ago, wappinghigh said:

Who are these "third party companies"?

Who could build a Control4 style remote with the additional functioning I mentioned? Thanks 

No answer...

Know what. I'm done here making suggestions and throwing around ideas....

Happy New Year Everyone.

2018 is going to be a great year I think and looking forward to 4KHDR finally hitting it's straps and ya'll getting into it and integrating it into your Control4 platforms.

Rock on C4!!!

W

1 hour ago, wappinghigh said:

Who are these "third party companies"?

Who could build a Control4 style remote with the additional functioning I mentioned? Thanks 

Actually the reason I didn't reply faster is because I was driving to work, eating breakfast and in my morning routine not bcusae I don't have an answer.

NYCE and Card Access have both built remotes, not remotes like you are talking but still it illustrates the point that 3rd parties can make hardware for Control4.  AXXES is another 3rd party zigbee integration.

Any my idea of built it yourself isn't a wise crack.  I have started 3 businesses and have another full time job.  I believe in innovation and startups.  I wouldn't have started 3 different companies if I didn't think I could fill a gap.  One company has 5 employees now and in it's first year of business has nice revenue and growth and has raised angel funding that is pretty impressive.  Not gloating but just saying, I FIRMLY believe in the American Dream - work hard and build something

Mouse emulation has some pros but it also has some cons as it is state-dependent.  IMHO using keyboard commands generally works better.  Or sending "StartApplication:Netflix" type of commands are even better if you want a more automated process.

With Windows if you use the Ctrl-Escape combo in Windows 8 or 10 it brings up the Start Screen.  That is useful for an HTPC as long as you put all of the stuff you will want to start as tiles in the start screen.  You can then just use the arrow keys to navigate to the application that you want and run it from there.  So if you wanted to run the Netflix, Plex or Kodi apps in Win10 it would be pretty easy to do.

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, zaphod said:

So yesterday C4's Charlie Kindel Tweets: 

So it turns out that this useful tool that we were discussing 2+ years ago was developed and maintained by a C4 executive.

And there is now a Control4 driver for MCE Controller on Github:  https://github.com/garrynewman/Control4.MceControllerDriver

Not much only occupancy detection, there is a great program I always use “Pulseway”, this would be great if it had C4 Driver, it will give you whatever needed, I tried RedFish before but my 2 servers was not in the list.

• 2 weeks later...

Big thanks and thumbs up to Sitdownman for assisting in me wrapping my head around on setting up the MCE Controller commands file to do everything I wanted in MCE.

I even mapped the Menu button on the C4 SR-260 remote to launch Media Center-  Additionally I added all of the transport controls.

I've attached the Commands file so it will hopefully save the next person some time.

Cheers

MCEControl.commands

• 3 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.