C4 Forums | Control4

BenQ’s HT2550 4K HDR projector shatters price barrier at $1,500

vstar

• 3 months later...

Little old but you are correct it's not native 4K.

Love how some reviewed it along the lines of 'unlike other lower price projectors it doesn't use tricks to do 4K' - when all it does is use a different trick.

This projectors biggest issue is that it looks wonderful on a smaller screen, say 80" or less, but doesn't have the power to give  nice bright image on larger screens.

Nice PJ for the price, but get what you pay for, as is so often the case.

On 5/1/2018 at 5:51 PM, Cyknight said:

Little old but you are correct it's not native 4K.

Love how some reviewed it along the lines of 'unlike other lower price projectors it doesn't use tricks to do 4K' - when all it does is use a different trick.

This projectors biggest issue is that it looks wonderful on a smaller screen, say 80" or less, but doesn't have the power to give  nice bright image on larger screens.

Nice PJ for the price, but get what you pay for, as is so often the case.

I agree that it's not the ideal projector at the price for sure, but at 2200 lumens thats a pretty typical brightness. A top rated VPL-ES Sony 4K projector is usually 1800 or 2000.  You don't need more than that unless you have a decent amount of light. Are you referring to power besides just brightness?  

With 'power' I mean it's overal capabilities here. Lumens is just one consideration, although if you're trying to compare the Sony Lumens spec vs benq keep in mind that the Sony is 1800-2500 times 4 color wheels, whereas the benq is 2200 lumens divided. You can't really compare the two (values) at all.

Much like 'watts' on a receiver, Lumens is a value that is....differently interpreted by different companies

On 5/4/2018 at 12:59 PM, Cyknight said:

With 'power' I mean it's overal capabilities here. Lumens is just one consideration, although if you're trying to compare the Sony Lumens spec vs benq keep in mind that the Sony is 1800-2500 times 4 color wheels, whereas the benq is 2200 lumens divided. You can't really compare the two (values) at all.

Much like 'watts' on a receiver, Lumens is a value that is....differently interpreted by different companies

Of corse. Again, wouldn't be my suggested option. ;)

I’ve just done an install with Sony’s new laser projector the vpl-vw760es. It’s a top projector the colours are great and so is the quality of the picture it’s projecting on a 2.35 anamorphic screen that’s 3.3m wide. Just need to get it calibrated now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived