C4 Forums | Control4

Dimmer Multi Function

Tidyloke

Hi all.

I have turned a dimmer switch into a multi functioning switch and removed the buttons attached option as I don't want the lights to react to volume or trigger inputs. Set a variable to swap between using it for a light switch and volume control and can raise and lower the volume with no problems. The problem I have is with the light dimming now. I can set it to levels with the press of the top or bottom buttons but I can not simulate the dimming and stopping at a chosen level.

I am probably being really dumb and missing something simple but the volume control was controlled via the room start / stop volume up and down options with button presses and releases but for the life of me I can't find a similar option for the lights. Any ramping or variables I try to use don't seem to be able to be stopped upon button release.

I even went down the route of using the snapshot driver where holding the up or down buttons will slowly ramp the level up or down and programmed the release of each button to take a snapshot of the level and then reload it in. This is obviously flawed as the level continues to change and then it will jump back to the snapshot.

I know I must be missing the obvious here and would appreciate a little nudge in the right direction.

so there is no good way to program press and hold for lighting, that i know of.

you could create  a loop while holding the button and reduce the light by x % or increase it.

if you are using a keypad dimmer you can just bind the arrows to the light and use button tracking for its fuctions.

Archived