C4 Forums | Control4

Spotify Connect won´t show up in devices

Hi everyone,

I'm currently trying to use Spotify Connect in a client's home system, but there is no device that sees it under "Available Devices" (either phone or PC). i can connect his Android phone and his Windows PC between them without any problem, but the C4 driver never appears as a listed device. i tried re-adding the driver and checking if the controller and the devices can see each other inside the network (they do), but without any success. the client's network has a Firewall included for incoming/outgoing traffic on his home network, so i´m thinking it may have to do with some blocked ports for the spotify service.

Can anyone help me figure out what am i missing here? If the firewall indeed is interfering with spotify, what port configuration should i use in it to be able to connect with the devices running spotify?

Thanks in advance for all the help,

Regards

9 hours ago, Cyknight said:

Did you have a boradcast name set in the driver (can be the same as the driver name) - it should default to the drivername if you didn't but I've had some issues in both Shairbridge and Spotify when there is no name 'set'

Hi, Cyknight, yes, i have set the name in the spotify driver, i used the same name as the driver, and a different name, but it still didn't appear in available devices.

Archived